Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Actually dying during a nightmare
03-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Actually dying during a nightmare
I died 4 times during a nightmare while fighting spiders. I thought this was supposed to be a "NIGHTMARE". Has anyone else had this problem. If this is because of a bug, it needs to be fixed.Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: Actually dying during a nightmare
its not a bug. It is only a dream. your suppose to die in that nightmare. Big Grin
03-22-2016, 02:31 PM
(03-22-2016 01:51 PM)Gwydion Wrote:  its not a bug. It is only a dream. your suppose to die in that nightmare. Big Grin

Yes, maybe so...but It said I had to load my last save game. and when I chose not to...it exited back to the main menu. That, is permanent death.....nightmare or not. Seriously...I perished for real...like it had happened while I was awake, and fighting. If this is not a bug...then it very well should be. Thanks for replying, but seriously....the developers need to chime in on this. I tried to take a screenshot, but the spider screen faded out real fast, and the death screen was all that was showing. this would prove nothing. Folks would say..."well, you just got killed by some monster". However, it did happen just like I said. I had to restart my game four times. I started saving before going to sleep. It helps, but sometimes I have to reload 2 or 3 times before it lets me sleep without incident. There is another alternative. You could just not go to sleep, and deal with the -1 on this and -2 on this, or whatever penalties being tired entails.
03-22-2016, 06:08 PM
what version are you playing? I played 3 different characters already and this never happened to me.
03-22-2016, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2016 08:09 PM by pincaviglia86.)
(03-22-2016 06:08 PM)Gwydion Wrote:  what version are you playing? I played 3 different characters already and this never happened to me.

V.1.072 I think that is the latest steam version. I cannot believe that a player can actually die in a "nightmare" but it happened to me 4 times now. I really cannot survive without resting, so I pretty much quit playing.

v. 1.072 is the Steam version. Thanks for the reply, but, Hell...if a game is this broken...it ain't worth messing with. Oh well...Que Sera, Sera. I think I will go back to a replay of AntharioN.
03-22-2016, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2016 08:24 PM by yariel.)
I think it's a bug then ...
you are supposedly died in nightmare and still alive and awaken next ...

If you want to, I can edit your save so you have 64 Coffee and a lot of Torch ...
that should let you stay awake until next patch ... =3= ...
It's better if you start new game since my editing not compatible with any "custom" recipes ...

Make sure you read this both thread before getting further in gameplay ...
http://balconyteam.com/forums/thread-6569.html
http://balconyteam.com/forums/thread-6558.html
03-23-2016, 07:07 AM
(03-22-2016 08:12 PM)yariel Wrote:  ...
I think it's a bug then ...
you are supposedly died in nightmare and still alive and awaken next ...

If you want to, I can edit your save so you have 64 Coffee and a lot of Torch ...
that should let you stay awake until next patch ... =3= ...
It's better if you start new game since my editing not compatible with any "custom" recipes ...

Make sure you read this both thread before getting further in gameplay ...
http://balconyteam.com/forums/thread-6569.html
http://balconyteam.com/forums/thread-6558.html

I got it covered. I was using too much hit points with the editor. It works now. Thanks for the reply, though.