Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Tips, Trick or Exploit (including GAMEBREAKING DEATH WARNING) Gv 1.09
03-14-2016, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 07:51 AM by yariel.)
Tips, Trick or Exploit (including GAMEBREAKING DEATH WARNING) Gv 1.09
BEFORE PLAY THE GAME, READ THIS 1ST POST ... IT WILL SAVE YOU FROM A LOT OF TROUBLE ... AND REGRET ...
!!! MAINLY AT POINT 4, 13 and 14,15,20. READ THAT FIRST IF YOU TOO LAZY TO READ ALL OF THIS !!!

please mention and "trick" in your play ...
for me :

1. Wealthy Farmer (and Baker)
Requirement : (Need at least Farming Lv.1 Skill)
Plant Wheat, Harvest it and Grind it ... Mix it with Water and Bake it at Oven or Firecamp ...
Sell it for some money ...
Picture :
http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vk0mdd.jpg

2. Tree for All (for trader which don't accept buying food from us)
Requirement : (you can do this WITHOUT ANY SKILL, or rather ... probably Default Skill Carpenter Lv.1 which you get at start)
Logging Tree near Wisp is quite profitable, also after that I can craft it to Tight Bow (recipe buy from Fox) and selling it for some money ...
Picture :
http://oi66.tinypic.com/eufuv7.jpg

3. Hijack NPC field
Requirement : (Need at least Farming Lv.1 Skill)
Almost 20% NPC in Balrum have farming field, NPC won't mind if you use their farming field, planting it, watering and fertilizing it ... but they get piss off if you HARVEST it, just steal it when they are not looking or when they sleeping ... *evil smile*
Picture :
http://oi66.tinypic.com/t4th7b.jpg

4. Keeping LP for latter usage
Requirement : Patience and information about Book of Skill
Threat :
http://www.balconyteam.com/forums/thread-6558.html
it's a good way in this Balrum gameplay, since developer might add or remove Skill Book. (I'm one of player which have "keeping skill / Ability point for latter use")

5. Hijack NPC Farm
Requirement : Patience and know about what animal farm feed and product
NPC won't mind if you Feed their animal, this will make them produce more result, Like in Osric chicken farm and pig farm. Putting Seed and extra corn seems will make them produce more. You can freely take Manure from pig place. But for eggs, better be careful since Osric will KILL you if you egging in front of him. Also DON'T KILL THEIR LIFESTOCK, IT WON'T RENEW LIKE AT YOUR PLACE !!!
Bug (?) : Fox Spider farm won't result any web even if you feed them meat (?)

6. Limitation in one Area Detailed Test in ver 1.05.
Requirement : LP spending management
Certain place have their limitation for SKILL and BASE STAT training.
starting place limit Skill (Farming, Cooking, Archery, etc) up to 2 FOR THE WHOLE AREA/CHAPTER.
Ex: If you start without any skill, and learn farming (Osric and Ida) then you can learn TWICE from any of them, the other will lose their option to train. If you already have one Farming Skill, then it will be only once training.

while basic ability (VIT,STR,DEX,INT,WIS) is ONE TIME DEAL FOR THE WHOLE AREA/CHAPTER.
Ex: Osric, Aron and Jones Teach STR increase, but if you use their skill EVEN ONCE AT ANY OF THEM, the other won't teach anymore

7. Power of Appetite
Requirement : Skillful Gameplay
Most user don't like Hunger and Thirst, BUT ... if you already learn cooking and can create cheap yet powerful food, this might become your advantage instead. Eating too full will cause vomit, however if you get hungry faster then it will be okay t eat earlier without vomiting ...
(normal difficulty without checking slower Hunger and Thirst will do good enough)
Pictures :
http://oi65.tinypic.com/12173t5.jpg

8. Help from NPC
Requirement : Skillful Gameplay and know NPC Schedule
NPC won't join you or something, but if hostile monster come closer they will attack it ...
NPC IS STRONG, try to pit it 1x1 with monster and NPC can win it very easily, don't expect it will win onslaught 3x1 tough ...
(NPC can even WIN AGAINST SPECIAL MONSTER AT THE SAME LEVEL WITH THEM 1X1)
and when I said 1x1, it's WITHOUT US/MC HELPING THEM (NPC HP can become 3x than MC, even with all point on VIT) ...
and I already test this few times ...
Try to lure the enemy at village AT DAY, NPC will attack the monster and you just need to support fire it to get the EXP ...

9. VERY PRECIOUS Hidden Stash at Small Place Like Wooden Log
Requirement : Careful attention and know where the most important item located
This is quite unexpected, there's even few stash at wooden log ... and it usually quite precious ...
the problem is, MOST wooden just an ornament and won't have anything inside it, thus mostly unrecognized ...
THE LATEST INFO I HEARD, ONE OF WOODEN LOG HAVE BOOK OF KNOWLEDGE (+1LP) ...
Picture :
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2rh5uyr.jpg
YOU CAN DETECT IF SOMETHING A CONTAINER OR NOT BY PUTTING CURSOR ON THEM, HOWEVER THIS WON'T WORK IF YOU ARE WALKING ... YOU NEED TO STAND STILL TO DO THIS ... DISTANCE DOESN'T MATTER ...
Container (empty) - Cursor will goes stand (White)
Container (filled) - Cursor will goes stand (Green)

10.Find Better way to Solve Quest
I notice, the "better way" to solve quest, the more EXP you will obtain ...
this is VERY PRECIOUS since EXP from quest is VERY BIG ... (You can get 500-1500 more EXP)
Ex :
If you solve Silver Bark Quest first, then you can get further at quest to find medicine ...
(the result of quest still seems bad tough)
Or ...
Healing Troll is better than killing it ...
Or ...
Leading Stray Pig to Orsen is better than shooting it (even if you know it is a trap) ...
etc, etc ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2016, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 03:43 AM by yariel.)
RE: Tips and Trick in Balrum game
11.Use your surrounding to defeat enemies (WARNING, MIGHT NOT GIVE EXP AND DROP ITEM AT SOME CASE)
I notice trap, explosive and wall shooting can kill enemies ...
since this game Turn based, you can lure the enemies at deadly spot and wait the trap to kill it ...
(Ex : the wall shooting keep shooting even the game show your turn, so if you lure enemies at line of fire, then it will be killed, the damage for each shot is insane too ... 750-1000 per shot ... this also give damage to you, so be careful) ...
have note, the enemies which killed this way WON'T GIVE ANY EXP ...
I usually wait until they get under 1000 HP and pass so they move from line of fire, and finish them myself ...
I also notice, enemies won't avoid trap you laid, so just lay trap line and the enemies can make rush to their doom ...
best custom trap damage ATM is fire trap (Damage 250-400 each) ... haven't test if the enemies will give EXP or not if killed with this trap ...

12. Avoid using "Suspicious" item
"Suspicious" item will give curse to you if you use it ...
and it might become gamebreaking, because one of it capable make you slowly dying ... and you can't cure/reverse it ...
Pictures :
http://oi65.tinypic.com/8zjuq9.jpg

13.Hold back a bit of your basic status
There's certain thing in game which increase STR or INT ...
HOWEVER, GETTING TOO HIGH OR TOO LOW WILL MAKE YOU UNABLE TO USE IT ... TRY TO STAY AT 5 UNTIL YOU FOUND THE THING ...
Located at South East section of Darkwood area, the thing which increase STR and INT ...
Pictures :
http://oi68.tinypic.com/x6hd6o.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/bjd6ol.jpg

14.CURSED BY DEADLY CURSE
THIS IS GAMEBREAKING, SO YOU BETTER VIEW YOUR UPPER RIGHT QUITE OFTEN, MAINLY AFTER YOU FIGHT WITH BOSS OR SPECIAL ENEMIES ...
As far as I know, the one who give "Death Curse" are Abomination and A Suspicious Bread ... BETTER NOT EAT THE BREAD AND MAKE FAST SHORTCUT TO TEMPLE IN CASE YOU HAVE MEET ABOMINATION ... (CREATE THE SHORTCUT FIRST BEFORE YOU MEET ABOMINATION IS EVEN BETTER)

15.!! WARNING !! GAMEBREAKER PUZZLE !!
This game can't reset puzzle, so if you do poorly in solving it, then you can't even fix it to continue the game ...
one of it is Crystal Golem place, if you arrange the stone poorly then you can't enter the cave ... PERMANENTLY ...
(There's single empty cell space near the door, make sure IT NEVER GET FILLED WITH STONE BLOCK)

16.Useful up to certain extend
Certain skill not really worth to get upgrade (some of it only worth up to 2nd level) ...
Ex :
Farming, Lv.1 to secure Food, Lv.2 to plant some Alchemy ingredient (but this need bottle which is strangely perishable in this game ...
(Alchemy Lv.1 and Lv.2 can easily get learned with Skill Book at early chapter, if you patience, you can seek Farming Book Lv.2 at 2nd chapter)
Hunting, Lv.1 don't matter much, however Lv.2 can caught Black Bear which REALLY good for TANK (Decent HP, and GREAT Defense)

17.Mix this, mix that, can I put that one too ?
You might think only food ingredient goes to Cooking, for other certain mixing have total fix ingredient ...
well, that's WRONG ... you can actually mix several thing which is NOT common for that kind of mixture ...
Ex : You can put few type of Resource (like FROG) inside your cooking, but be careful since it will cause poison too ...

18.Farm o Wisp
The game already told several times, including at underground necromancer place ...
WISP CAN PREVENT PLANT DISEASE ... and at Ver 1.09 you can tame and put Wisp at your inventory for easier moving around ...
It seems I do it wrong or there's gap at system ... because I somehow still get plant disease ...
(very rarely tough, maybe I place Wisp in wrong arrangement)
Also it said Wisp make plant grow faster ... I doubt this applied tough ...
(the growth rate feels like all the same with / without Wisp

19.Tree o Wisp
As you know, Wisp resurrect dead / cut tree, with ver 1.09 you can put wisp at closed place surrounded by tree ...
you can easily get wood that way ...

20.!! WARNING !! IT COST MORE LP THAN THEY SAID !! (bug / Glitch)
In some case or even most, the training is Cost MORE than what it said ...
Ex : The game said it will cost 3LP yet, you get 5LP reduction ...
03-19-2016, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 03:23 AM by yariel.)
RE: Tips and Trick in Balrum game
Emptied
03-20-2016, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 03:24 AM by yariel.)
RE: Tips, Trick or Exploit in Balrum game (including warning)
Emptied
03-21-2016, 04:31 AM
(03-14-2016 05:10 AM)yariel Wrote:  9. VERY PRECIOUS Hidden Stash at Small Place Like Wooden Log
Requirement : Careful attention and know where the most important item located
This is quite unexpected, there's even few stash at wooden log ... and it usually quite precious ...
the problem is, MOST wooden just an ornament and won't have anything inside it, thus mostly unrecognized ...
THE LATEST INFO I HEARD, ONE OF WOODEN LOG HAVE BOOK OF KNOWLEDGE (+1LP) ...
Picture :
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2rh5uyr.jpg

Awesome!
I had no idea about this.
Another great detail of developers.

I deleted that were in the Safehouse...
they had something valuable?
03-21-2016, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 03:44 AM by yariel.)
Test and Confirmed change at point 6 hint for ver 1.05 ...
Conclusion, starting place limit Skill (Farming, Cooking, Archery, etc) up to 2 FOR THE WHOLE AREA.
while basic ability (VIT,STR,DEX,INT,WIS) is ONE TIME DEAL FOR THE WHOLE AREA.
I'll test again with different case of setting ...
Test Ver 1.07 ...
it actually based on area of quadrant ...
Ex : Darkwood Trainer at NW, if you already buy ALL of train skill (Farming, Alchemy, etc) and Basic Ability (VIT, STR, etc) ...
then there will be chance or new limitation at trainer in SE ... (can train Skill, and Basic Ability again)
Basic Ability still have more room compared Skill (if your skill already reach certain level, then the trainer in SE can't train anymore ...
Update point (Detail at 1st post)
8.Help from NPC ... (detailed personal test)
9. VERY PRECIOUS Hidden Stash at Small Place Like Wooden Log (detailed personal test)
10.Find Better way to Solve Quest (Detailed personal test)
11.Use your surrounding to defeat enemies (WARNING, MIGHT NOT GIVE EXP AND DROP ITEM AT SOME CASE)

Test MINIMUM REQUIREMENT for tips and trick point 1, 2 and 3 ...
Detailed personal test at point 1-3 done ... (Detail at 1st post)

There's Pine Bow trick from other user, but it need Lv.2 Carpentry ...
if you want to use it, better find the Book Lv.2 Skill first so you won't waste any LP for that trick ...
http://www.balconyteam.com/forums/thread-6576.html
Credit to - Potawan

Add sample picture to Point 1, 2, 3, 7 and 9
add warning note at 1st post ...
also add Point 13 which mention about thing which can increase STR and INT at certain condition ...

(I think there should be VIT,DEX, and WIS too)
I don't know, as far as I know, only big dark Wooden Log can become container ... and probably the item get randomized (except Book of Knowledge) ...
but I'm not so sure ... next time, probably dark wilted plant can become container ? Or that red bright smaller Wooden log actually have it ?
as much as I'm pulling out my hairs try to find every single secret in this game, it seems not even half of it has found ... (not to mention if the developer tried to "plant new idea" ...

Another thing ... you can only detect container by putting CURSOR ON THEM, HOWEVER THIS WON'T WORK IF YOU ARE WALKING ... YOU NEED TO STAND STILL TO DO THIS ... distance doesn't matter ...
Container (empty) - Cursor will goes stand (White)
Container (filled) - Cursor will goes stand (Green)

kinda make sense since it "need your concentration" ... character and gamer ...

ADD POINT 14 ... "CURSED BY DEADLY CURSE"
YOU BETTER ... MUST ... HAVE TO ... READ THAT TOO ... SERIOUSLY ...
(Before you start smashing your mouse, keboard or even throw your own monitor to wall)
Add Point 15.GAMEBREAKER PUZZLE ...
This should be put earlier ...
Sorry if I cause any "fatalities" because not mentioning this earlier ...

Add Point 16.Useful up to certain extend ...
as far as I know, Hunting only useful to Lv.2 (to get Black Bear, any next pet have VERY LOW HP and Defense, so you might not want to upgrade Hunting Skill to Lv.3 ... unless the developer fix it ...

Add Point 17.Mix this, mix that, can I put that one too ?
About strange uncommon thing which can be added in your custom mixture ...
add 18.Farm o Wisp since at Ver 1.09 you can capture Wisp ... =3= ...
add 19.Tree o Wisp since at Ver 1.09 you can capture Wisp ... =3= ...
I'll add / modify / delete my post depend on game change / update ... =x= ...
*demn hard work* ...
Add 20. !! WARNING !! IT COST MORE LP THAN THEY SAID !!

I empty my post above ...
there's seems a bug in forum which make no one able to post anymore if 1st post get too much and the thread still only have one page ...
04-08-2016, 05:33 AM
RE: Tips, Trick or Exploit in Balrum game (including GAMEBREAKING DEATH WARNING)
Ouch, make pine bows will be easier than ever Big Grin

Pine Bow Exploit:
http://balconyteam.com/forums/thread-6576.html

(I could not reply here because the subject is too long
I had to delete a little)
07-20-2016, 10:47 PM
RE: Tips, Trick or Exploit (including GAMEBREAKING DEATH WARNING) Gv 1.09
I appreciate any information concerning tips and different pieces of advice I can get. In return, here, http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/10-tips-h...k-your-pet this is the article on how to deal with a loss of a pet.