Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Distribution platform / no STEAM
03-02-2016, 11:31 PM
Distribution platform / no STEAM
Hello everybody,

since I have not read anything about this topic, I simply ask:

Will there be a future option to buy the game without STEAM (download from developer´s homepage, GOG etc.)?

I would really like to play Balrum, but I will not install STEAM (and I know quite some people who feel the same).

So I think it would make both gamers and developers happy if there was another option to buy the game. Smile

Cheers,
The Asker
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: Distribution platform / no STEAM
Kickstarter backers got a Steam key but were also given access to a DRM-free download direct from the developers. Though the sale page only seems to mention Steam, I would imagine you could write the developers and request a link to the DRM-free version of the game. If you don't mind the wait, you may want to email them your question before buying to be sure, but there is indeed a DRM-free version of the game. Hope that helps. Smile
03-02-2016, 11:45 PM
I asked the developers this question a few days ago (via email) but I think they have more urgent problems right now, which I can absolutely understand.

But it is nice to know that there is a DRM-free version and maybe there will be an option to buy it in the weeks to come.

So thank you for your reply, it indeed helped. Smile
03-16-2016, 07:44 AM
It would be nice if any of the developers answered to this (or any other) thread.

It is not the case that I wouldn´t appreciate the hard work and the effort of the Balcony Team, but a reply here and there might not be in vain.

Maybe you (the developers) will find an hour a week to post replies to some (repeating) questions that have arised in the past days. I think many people will be grateful. Smile
03-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Hello there!

We hope we can get GOG to allow us on their platform. Please vote for us at GOG so they notice Smile

Yours,
Balcony Team
03-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Thanks for your reply! Smile

I just voted on GOG, so if anyone else would like to see this game there, too: just visit https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/balrum

(I hope it is okay to post this link?)
03-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Does anyone know how many votes it takes for a release on GOG?

There are wishes which have over 20.000 votes (work still in progress) and Balrum is far away from that (~300 votes)...

@Balcony Team:

If the GOG-wishlist should fail, would you consider to offer a DRM-free version on your own?

I presume you played (or at least noticed) the Eschalon-Trilogy which also was created by a very small team. There, customers could pay for and download the game from the developer´s homepage, an option which I personally find quite attractive.

So maybe you could post a sentence or two if there will be an alternative to GOG (apart from Steam) if they should not sell your game (which would be a shame, by the way). Wink
03-23-2016, 10:23 PM
not always accepted I guess ...
Ex : if GOG have reject it, then it will be REALLY hard to get accepted ... Like Heroine Quest ...
it already rejected by GOG before, and even after 300+ user request it, it still not accepted ...
(that game really suit GoG too ... what a waste of opportunity)

What I like most with GoG, they always tried to raise game compatibility, thus making less problem to play ...