Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I ....? Quick Questions & Quick Answers Thread
03-30-2016, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2016 11:33 PM by copycat.)
RE: How do I ....? Quick Questions & Quick Answers Thread
(03-30-2016 11:25 PM)tomoscar Wrote:  
(03-30-2016 10:20 PM)copycat Wrote:  @tomoscar

u need to open the combine menu (look at the right of ur quick bar slots, there are smaller slots. one of them on the right side opens the combine, the symbol looks like two arrows 69ing Wink )
then put flour and a water bucket in the menu and combine, then u get dough which u can bake with a campfire, oven - a place that burns.
Thanks. I've made the dough, then built what I thought was an oven. Turned out it's a smelter. There's no info about any of the crafting tables in the building menu (like "name"). You have to build it before you know what it is. That sucks. Which of them is an oven that I can use for baking bread? (I'd like an oven instead of a camp fire.)

it looks like this

.png  oven.png (Size: 12.06 KB / Downloads: 55)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2016, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2016 02:31 AM by tomoscar.)
How do you make a farmtile?

(03-30-2016 09:15 PM)copycat Wrote:  @tomoscar if u want to farm, stand next to ur farmtile and pick the seed from ur inverntory, that will select them and u can move it over the farmtile and plant it. u need a hoe in the inventory that are all preconditions.

also check if u have the farming skill, at least one point. some seeds need higher farming skill, before u can plant them.
Still don't understand how to do this. Do I have to create a farmtile? If so, how? If no, how do I plant the seed? If I drop it on the ground, the seed lies in a sack on the ground. Another thread in this forum says "Plant Crops? Drop a seed onto a patch of dirt prepared for farming." I'm still in the dark here. Can anyone please explain how to farm so that also a 2 year old can understand it?
And to the devs: pls make a manual and/or put in help text that shows when moving the cursor over a unit that it is not intuitive how to use (f. ex. seeds), or the graphical presentation is not sufficient info to identify what it is (f. ex. building units).
03-31-2016, 05:36 AM
Farmtile can be created at your Safeplace (press "H" first, and press "B" at there) ...
the other can be found across a lot of place in Darkwood ...
just hold seed at mouse and put it at empty field like in the picture ...
you can do the same for easier watering and putting manure ...

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2ela43k.jpg

Something which can speed growth
Water and Fertility ...
Disease can reduce or even stop growth speed ...

The plant can still grow even without Water and Fertility ... but it will comes at VERY SLOW speed ...
any Lv.1 farming seed usually growth less than a day if the Farmtile have good Water and Fertility ...
03-31-2016, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2016 05:34 PM by tomoscar.)
(03-31-2016 05:36 AM)yariel Wrote:  ...
Farmtile can be created at your Safeplace (press "H" first, and press "B" at there) ...
OK, so I have to use the building menu ("B" at Safeplace) to create a farmtile. I tried a few of the last alternatives in the tile submenu before eventually discovering the unit "Field" in the Specials submenu.
03-31-2016, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2016 05:37 PM by tomoscar.)
Buying/selling and inventory issues.
I haven't figured out how to buy and sell more than 1 unit at a time. If I'm buying 50 nails, I want to avoid having to do 50 repeats of "buy 1". Is there a way to buy (or sell) desired amount in one transaction? I have a similar problem when wanting to move some of item X out of inventory. I haven't figured out how to move an amount of X other than "all X".
03-31-2016, 08:22 PM
(03-31-2016 08:28 AM)tomoscar Wrote:  Buying/selling and inventory issues.
I haven't figured out how to buy and sell more than 1 unit at a time. If I'm buying 50 nails, I want to avoid having to do 50 repeats of "buy 1". Is there a way to buy (or sell) desired amount in one transaction? I have a similar problem when wanting to move some of item X out of inventory. I haven't figured out how to move an amount of X other than "all X".
if the item you buy or sell have more than one stacked, there will be scroll in the middle of trade screen ... you can adjust quantity of trade with it ...
(this only apply for one type of trade tough)