Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Farming: Moisture and plant diseases
04-02-2016, 04:36 AM
Farming: Moisture and plant diseases
I do not know if this issue has been mentioned before and if it is a bug or simply a feature, so I simply post it here.

It seems to have no effect on grown plants whether they stand on a dried out field or are afflicted with a disease. In the first case the crops are still edible even if the plant should have died because of dehydration, in the second case all you need to do is cure the plant of its disease - in both cases these conditions (dried out and diseased) will last forever but have no harming effect towards the plant.
Also, if healthy and diseased crops of the same kind are adjacent to each other (e.g. corn) it seems that there is no increased chance that a healthy plant will be affected by a diseased one.

I think a little tweak here and there would be nice, because even on normal difficulty, merely 10 fields and only the first level of farming I literally swim in food since the very beginning.

I know that Balrum is no game about farming, but I think one should need to take a little more attention to his crops than simple seeding, watering and manuring. Just a little more, because the player will become independent concerning food supply and he even can make quite some money with it. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 09:41 AM
RE: Farming: Moisture and plant diseases
well it s not bad being independent of it Wink and u can make some money with it for the start, but u earn much more later with just selling the stuff u found or stoled. but i get what u mean, it s not neccassary to plan wiht food.

later it s there to make ur own food via cooking which gives some nice buffs in fights, like resistance, attribute boots, healing and so on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply