Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
early beta v0.0.85_beta
03-31-2014, 03:41 AM
RE: early beta v0.0.85_beta
Yeah I just figured out the camp fire thing.

Any luck getting it to save by chance?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2014, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2014 04:34 AM by Mark Rushow.)
They did just release an update. Just re-download the game files and run it from those. No idea yet what all has been changed.

Link: Balrum v0.0.85_beta_002

(03-30-2014 03:20 AM)Mark Rushow Wrote:  -Save not yet functional

(03-31-2014 03:41 AM)armytrixter Wrote:  Any luck getting it to save by chance?

I just figured this out and never tried it with this build of the game. I do know it works with v0.0.85_beta_002. It probably works with the previous build; I probably just didn't figure it out.
Select an empty save slot. While highlighted you must type a save file name. Then click Save. Load works after a save is created. All the dashes at the bottom of the screen are where what you type shows up for the save file name.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger
03-31-2014, 07:53 AM
Along with the barrel, there's also an indestructible coat hanger in Grandpa's house!
Loving the beta so far, lots to explore, but I'd really like to see a map implemented as soon as possible...
I can see why GameHorder had a hard time trying to find the graveyard in his "Let's Plays". So much to explore! Big Grin

(03-30-2014 05:46 PM)Mark Rushow Wrote:  
(03-30-2014 05:03 PM)PMIK Wrote:  - I also noticed that indestructible barrel. It probably shouldn't be there
I'm sure a lot more is to come yet. We just don't know at this point what is supposed to be working and what is bugged or not working or simply not implemented fully yet. Like drinking. I don't know if I just haven't tried the right way to do it or if it just isn't implemented yet.

I'm glad to get to play with the early beta though. It is a lot of fun thus far. I'm so glad I backed this game.

I like the barrel lol.

I feel like Balrum is how Diablo III should have been made.

There is such a high sense of exploration to this game I love it.
I wish I could figure out how to drink though, lol. But not knowing how to do anything and trying to figure it out is a lot of fun.
03-31-2014, 10:59 AM
There is a map in your inventory. A crude one that is.

03-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Torch

To light a torch there is an icon bottom left of the screen that looks kind of like a torch. Avatar does not hold torch but there is a glow around the avatar if the torch is lit and the icon shows a flame above a stick or else a stick if not lit. Torches burn up over time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thirst

Eating fruit will quench thirst but only until you are full.

You can make a watersack at the anvil with bear leather (obtained from killing bears) I haven't figured out how for make anything at the anvil yet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anvil

Place wood in the wood tray. The torch icon next to the wood tray starts the wood burning. It is a timer so don't start unless you are ready to make things. Click the torch icon nest to the wood tray to stop the burning.

The barrel is for buckets of water though you can put anything in it.

Other than that I haven't figured anything out yet. I haven't been able to craft anything thus far.

03-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Hey,

Just made an account to drop by and say that I got my beta working for the first time; and wow! This game looks really promising! I see a lot of potential and I think that it's going to be a lot of fun to see this progress! I can think of a bunch of little ideas that, I think, would be really cool.

The deadline thing didn't bother me because I can wait for something that the developers are proud to show. I think that their own ambition is a better driving force than a pressured informal deadline.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if this became very successful on Steam or Desura. But then again, I don't know their intentions regarding the future of this game; but I would be shocked if it was modest.

Thanks guys! Very impressive!
Big Grin
04-01-2014, 12:19 AM
(03-31-2014 03:10 AM)armytrixter Wrote:  
(03-30-2014 05:53 AM)Rafa Wrote:  It seems that alchemy isn't working yet either (or I did not get how to make it work!).
Nonetheless, the game did run smoothly (played it for about 4hs). Nice! Smile

I was actually able to get Alchemy working, granted only for the quest with Brown (I haven't tried anything else yet). What I did was bought 4 simple bottles from Brown, found 4 of the Life leaves outside in the town, put the leaves in the top (kinda diamond shaped part), some wood in the wood tray (it lights automatically, so you may want to do this last), and the bottles on the bottom. Once everything is in place click create and it made the potion. I was able to create 3 potions with 1 log, but like I said my log started right away so you may be able to get all 4 with 1 log if you are quick enough.

Silly me! Forgot to put wood in the wood tray! Thanks! Smile
04-01-2014, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 05:18 PM by Mark Rushow.)
Except for the well in the middle of town you can drink from the others I have found thus far. Beer and Wine aren't drinkable at the moment however. fruit is my usual go to for thirst. I pick lots of berries. Potions are also good for thirst, but wasting them is no good. I have a watersack, 2 actually. But have not been able to figure out how to fill them or buckets. I have found many buckets of water but have only been able to use them for gardening or crafting.

The best thing I have found to do is explore everyone in town first. No matter what I never retain experience gained and have not once leveled up or been able to learn anything new from anyone.

I have been caught stealing and NPCs do attack.

04-12-2014, 12:16 AM
I just want to post a general congrats comment. Finally got the time to download and try it out. I've backed a lot of games on Kickstarter and so often the alphas and betas are disappointing. This isn't. It's fun and it works. This has made my day.