Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Guilds
07-04-2013, 05:17 AM
Guilds
So we decided that we will have three main guilds in the game that the player can join. When the player joins a guild he/she cannot join the other two guilds. Each guild will send the player on different paths, but eventually will lead the player to a similar ending. There will be quite a lot of things that are exclusive to each of the guilds.
For example:
-crafting recipes
-lore (example: if you find an ancient staff, only the mages guild will be able to help you learn about it)
-weapons
-armor
-teachers (and with teachers, skills/spells)
-quests (obviously..)
-seeds (for your farm)
Joining a guild will not be so easy. You have to prove yourself before a guild accept you. When you get accepted you will be an initiate and if you help your guild you will receive a higher rank.

What do you guys think about guilds? Any ideas or suggestions? Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 10:43 PM by anarchy.)
RE: Guilds
I think that this guild will not just gave some teachers/skills/.... but guilds will have buildings/camps/defense tower outside the city/village, because they against nasrus hordes ( they wanted to kill them all Big Grin ). And of course the player will get quest for these outsider's too.

Another thing: we need to decide, these guilds are connect friendly with the player or not(i not mean about enemies, just friend or null).
If you accept to a guild, then you can do some quest to the other guilds, and make some advantages(they will trading with you, but they no sell you the best items for you, because you are not member of the guild), but you not get all of the advantages.

This will guarantee that there will be many quest/advanture Smile

Summarizing: this can be a really god idea, make the game more exciting Smile
07-06-2013, 12:09 AM
I always loved "guilds"/"factions" in any game I've played....So I like the idea.

I think Anarchy asked that in his previous post but I'm curious about it as well...are there any type of contact/relation between the different guilds?

So are the smiths friendly with the local fighter guild but at odds with the apothecaries or the miner's guild? It would be nice as Anarchy stated if the choice had some meaning/impact on the player and his environment.

So the smiths give you a discount on repairs because the fighters are good customers. But they wouldn't go as far as teaching you their craft because you ain't a member. On the other hand, the fighters leader might have a longstanding feud with the apothecarie's leader which mean that your potions and remedies will cost a bit more..

Also ideally people would react differently depending whom you side with, is it a band of thugs? Maybe people start whispering behind your back, and cut their conversations short etc..

I awas also wondering, are the guilds more comon high fantasy (wizards and such) or more low fantasy and related to "crafts" (like the miner's guild and such)?
07-06-2013, 02:28 AM
That's what i talking about Galaad Smile, it would be better if the guilds are doesn't locked out from other guild member, but you only receive the full benefit of the guild if you are member of the guild.

What are you thinking about my next idea:
What if the guilds will not just add some buff/teachers/items ..., but they can add fighters(somekind of NPC and not for money), because the quest what they give you is too dangerous or hard, and they offer some of their master or fighter.
The next idea is that, the story which is in the website, it's sad the undead horse of Nasrus will be the most dangerous enemies of the game. My idea is that, the guild will have more role in the game, because the guild have fighters and masters, and the player role is that to help his own guild to make more stronger(more member, better weapons/items). In the end the player can only win wilth his guild, or maybe the player make an allience with the other guilds to the final greatest battle against Nasrus. I don't really think that the player will be attack with guilds in the battlefield, my opinion is that the player will be kill Nasrus, and the guilds the rest of his armies. Glory will be the players! Smile Big Grin

The three guild can be the following: Warriors(or knights), Rangers(or hunter) and wizzard. And of course the blacksmith is in the Warrior guilds, the bowmaker and skinner teachers are in the Ranger guild, and in the wizzard will have the healers and others .... Big Grin There are many option ro choose what are these guilds and their extras Big Grin
07-06-2013, 04:57 AM
Hello there, back from a five days walking/hiking bivouacing in central france. Great fun, great landscapes, great sore feet... Whatever.

For guilds, I think they should really feel different, to add to replayability. All the things you mention sound really good. But they really must offer unique stuff to the player.

Some stuff the guild could offer are also, obvioulsy, access to specific locations/quarters.
A player master in a guild could also give lessons (to some wandering students, for fame and/or money)
A grand master could create a guild in a town where it doesn't exist...

I hope the player will be able to climb the ranks of the guild, to the point that he can become master of it. This could be a huge "natural" quest in itself, and yield great and totally unique rewards.

There can be "Major" guilds (wizards, thief, warrior, whatever), and minor guilds, related to skills (miners, farmers, merchant....)

Major guilds could be like the ones you describe, full of many stuffs, quests, recipes, whatever.
Minor guilds could be much simpler, with a few ranks and benefits.

I had guilds implemented in my Rigale mod for mount and blade, it was very level dependant (novice, journeyman, master, and so on)