Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Overpowered Traps - Constructive Criticism and Possible Fix
04-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Overpowered Traps - Constructive Criticism and Possible Fix
The problem:

A player is able to deploy an unlimited number of traps at any given time. Also, the player is able to walk on them without triggering.

As a result, any player can form long line-stacks of traps, which are very simple to craft in terms of materials (basic ones at least), and then lure any enemy to follow. The result is an enemy chasing the player and being damaged by huge stacks of traps, which at one point will defeat it with no effort or strategy required.

Of course this does not work with certain enemies like Golems, but still work with the majority of them, even bosses.

A possible solution:

Limit the number of traps a player can place at any given time to avoid that situation. This limit increases with Trapping skill. Traps should not be able to be placed while in-combat.

I want to hear opinions also from you guys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2016, 12:01 AM
RE: Overpowered Traps - Constructive Criticism and Possible Fix
that nice and all, but remember monster can duplicate themself ...
so I guess it somewhat fair about multi trap ...
beside if you play honestly without item duplication, Iron and Steel is limited so it will be quite harder if player use all of iron at early game ...

BTW, some enemies have ranged attack too, so player need to eat bullet to "guide" enemies at trap spot ...
few things still unbalanced in game, so this trap probably might increase odd at player side ...
at least for now ... (dunno what the developer will do latter)
04-09-2016, 11:30 AM
hmmm hard question, i think they wont do so much dmg, later in the game u have enemies wiht much more hp means u would need to place like 10-20 traps to kill one. so u need a lot traps to rely on them.

i use them more to stopping enemies, mostly the ice and spider web trap. more a util for me.
(and to tame whips now Big Grin)

limiting stuff or not being able to place them during battle, is too "rulish" even for a game. i mean the allmighty traps needed to be limited by the gods of the game world, cuz such a simple thing was too powerfull xD or so.

imho it would be a more nice solution that enemies dont run into traps, when they saw u placing them. then u could use a skill like invisible or a potion like that, during battle in order to place a trap, it would be more tactical.
04-09-2016, 11:30 PM
Further test, multiplied enemies usually rush in the trap ...
and it actually eliminate the trap without giving good damage to the "real" enemy ...
also I get in BAD situation since I'm lacking material for arrow ...

all in all, this trap become BAD double edge trick ...
better save it for boss or something strong ...
04-10-2016, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2016 01:02 AM by Potawan.)
(04-09-2016 11:30 AM)copycat Wrote:  imho it would be a more nice solution that enemies dont run into traps, when they saw u placing them. then u could use a skill like invisible or a potion like that, during battle in order to place a trap, it would be more tactical.
+1
I really like this Idea

There is one thing I have not clear yet...
When you level up traps, they don't increase damage?
04-10-2016, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 07:31 AM by yariel.)
nope, just unlock recipe ...
and add chance to put trap without spending turn ...
this makes walk and put trap trick can be done ...
(tough for Archer user, it might be better to spent Iron / Steel for Arrow> Fire Arrow instead)

Fire Trap seems have decent damage, but it will be wasteful for HIGH HP enemy ... not to mention if they regen too ...
05-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Overpowered Traps - Constructive Criticism and Possible Fix. The problem: A player is able to deploy an unlimited number of traps at any given .

Cheap photo booth hire Melbourne
05-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Overpowered Traps - Constructive Criticism and Possible Fix. The problem: A player is able to deploy an unlimited number of traps at any given .

ביטחון עצמי