Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the point to learn hunting?
03-22-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2016 12:43 PM by impus0044.)
What is the point to learn hunting?
Whyle playing beta 0.8, i leaned the hunting skill. In this version, pet in battle was pretty helpfull, espetially advanced one. So, after starting game from begining, i'd choosed hard difficle level and leaned hunting 2 at start and i was choked. After taiming the bear, his hp was cut from 3,5k to 1,2k! Damage and skills was cut also. The bear, i have tamed, become not stronge then jack! Nevertheless have desided to walk with bear, cause as mage my character need defender-type pet. After trawell to Balrum in ch 2, i have found my pet more and more weak in battles so i desided to lean hunting 3. I did this and one more dissapointment - all 3 type of pets, available at this level, was not stronge then bear (so the Jack!) after taiming! Somebody was more armoured, somebody agile e.t.c. but generally not stronge! The most valuable wild animals skills, like mantis selth-heal, also dissappear after tamiming. In my today exploration of desert, pet (now i am with mantis) become almost useless.
Now i trying understand - what the point ever learn the hunting if advanced pets not stronge then Jack? Why after taming pet stats drops so much. Why to cut pet skills? Why so little progress in pets stats after level up - this make pet complete wuss!
I agree, tamed pet cant be as strong as wild one, because in this case player can only tame pet and then this pet win all battles almost yourself with only minium character help. This will be not good... But to degrade pet to such complete wuss (making hunting skill useless) is not good also... I think pet parametres have to calculate from parametres of original animal (same level of couse). For me, they can have at least 60%hp and 80% stats of wild one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2016, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2016 02:05 AM by copycat.)
RE: What is the point to learn hunting?
i think the pet philosophie needs an overthinking. right now i feel the same as u when i saw the bear was a lot weaker as before taming, it s a bear he should wreck wolves. so what would be cool?

imho it ll be the pets start as strong as they are and progress, about u could then lean back and let the pet fight all - ye why not xD. thats only possible in one on one fights, right now i play this way i only search one on one situations else u get easily wrecked, ok depends on the class but as melee i wouldnt search more enemies to fight at once alone for the status effects most enemies cast on u where u cant really defend, without drinking many potions.

so the benefits of heaving a pet would be for me fighitng more enemies at once and tactical advantages like the stun skill of the bear.

it would also be cool to teach or train new skills for the pet depending on the playstyle i want a more tanky or aggressiv pet, or supporting like realising u from stun or get the attention of an enemie away from the player. sometimes i get sutnned by enemies for 8 rounds - i cant do anything and having a pet for that situation to ease that situation would be great.
03-28-2016, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 09:37 PM by yariel.)
The only decent pet at my gameplay is Black Bear (rarer type of Bear) ...
even at Lv.3 Hunting, other type of enemies is a disappointment ...
(they have FEWER HP, and LOWER DEFENSE, not even half when they still enemy)

at this moment, I suggest you only catch Black Bear and don't upgrade your skill anymore ...
(The Bear slow and only have HALF speed, but at least it can stun enemies, make them weaker with roar, and have neat skill of defense which increase DEFENSE BY 50, pretty neat TANK type)

The original when it still enemies at same level still more powerful tough ...
also it have few other neat skill which NOT useable to you, but this one still the best I have found ...

Already put in here (point 14) ... IF the developer read this tough ... *sigh*...
http://www.balconyteam.com/forums/thread-6570.html
03-29-2016, 11:01 PM
(03-28-2016 09:33 PM)yariel Wrote:  ...
The only decent pet at my gameplay is Black Bear (rarer type of Bear) ...
even at Lv.3 Hunting, other type of enemies is a disappointment ...
(they have FEWER HP, and LOWER DEFENSE, not even half when they still enemy)

at this moment, I suggest you only catch Black Bear and don't upgrade your skill anymore ...
(The Bear slow and only have HALF speed, but at least it can stun enemies, make them weaker with roar, and have neat skill of defense which increase DEFENSE BY 50, pretty neat TANK type)

The original when it still enemies at same level still more powerful tough ...
also it have few other neat skill which NOT useable to you, but this one still the best I have found ...

Already put in here (point 14) ... IF the developer read this tough ... *sigh*...
http://www.balconyteam.com/forums/thread-6570.html

Black bear is good in battle but... this lazy bear ass walking slooooooowlyyyyyyyy Sad If u just walk anywhere u have to constantly wait bear or summon/unsummon one - this is annoying!
03-30-2016, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2016 10:48 PM by yariel.)
I know it's annoying ... but IMO it's the best one at present ...
the other pet hardly even reach 1000 HP also have LOW amount of Defense which can't even stand few round against single enemies ...
03-30-2016, 11:58 PM
(03-30-2016 10:47 PM)yariel Wrote:  ...
I know it's annoying ... but IMO it's the best one at present ...
the other pet hardly even reach 1000 HP also have LOW amount of Defense which can't even stand few round against single enemies ...

Now all pets have same hp! At least two weeks ago (when i did my experiment) was so.
03-31-2016, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2016 08:29 PM by yariel.)
hmm, strange ... My Black Bear at Lv.6 have more than 1000 HP and more than 50 Defense ...
But when I change with Black Spider, the HP get less than 1000 HP, and less than 50 Defense ...
^^ tested at Lv.6 ^^

what pet did you have when you do the experiment and what level it is ?
(Note: Pet level = Your Level)

BTW, Black Bear gain 9 Defense FOR EACH LEVEL UP, which pretty great for this game ...
Even the initial point of HP and Defense is high too by default ...
(Boost with Special Skill to enhance Defense, then the damage it received rarely reach 110)
04-03-2016, 06:27 AM
(03-31-2016 08:28 PM)yariel Wrote:  ...
hmm, strange ... My Black Bear at Lv.6 have more than 1000 HP and more than 50 Defense ...
But when I change with Black Spider, the HP get less than 1000 HP, and less than 50 Defense ...
^^ tested at Lv.6 ^^

what pet did you have when you do the experiment and what level it is ?
(Note: Pet level = Your Level)

BTW, Black Bear gain 9 Defense FOR EACH LEVEL UP, which pretty great for this game ...
Even the initial point of HP and Defense is high too by default ...
(Boost with Special Skill to enhance Defense, then the damage it received rarely reach 110)

I did conduct this experiment with mantis, crab and spider - they all has same hp. Also then i'd changed Jack to black bear (more then month ago) they have same hp.
04-03-2016, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 02:38 PM by yariel.)
That's odd ... here my pic when my Black Bear at Lv.4 ...
at Lv 6 the HP is even greater and also have greater Defense too ...
(9 Defense per level increase) BTW, I don't use any boost or cheat for Pet HP ... I don't know how to do it anyway ...
http://oi65.tinypic.com/e5odi8.jpg
I catch Lv.5 Black Bear when I'm Lv.2 ...
the location is near the place where Arcane Art Lv.2 located ...
http://oi66.tinypic.com/vsm9te.jpg

so probably ...
Pet HP can only get major boost of HP INCREASE IF THEY LEVEL UP TOGETHER WITH YOU ...
so changing to other pet after a long time will become major disadvantage ...
I hope they patch this and make pet HP better ...
Further question might be asked to player who NEVER change their dog pet ...
I'm sure in the end the pet HP is quite good for them ...

I change pet and get really disappointed ...
can't find any Black Bear to back testing this ... (probably already kill them all)
I already suggesting totem for summoning pet (the pet which you ALREADY captured before can be summoned back)
05-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Now i trying understand - what the point ever learn the hunting if advanced pets not stronge then Jack? Why after taming pet stats drops so .

Accounting service