Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NPC ACTIVITY
03-09-2016, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2016 06:52 PM by yariel.)
NPC ACTIVITY
I notice now NPC getting more active at 1.04 ...

may I give suggestion ?
1. Make them water or fertilize plant (as far as I see, they only plant, but they don't water or fertilize the plant block)
2. Gather wood for Firepit, Oven, Furnace, etc (which need wood), they only put 2-4 in it tough ...
(just to lit it up, this one they don't mind if you use it or take the wood, it's dirt cheap anyway)
3. Serve Cheap Food and Drink at table (but only limited at certain quantity) like Ultima 7 when they preparing to eat ... you can steal it, but make sure they don't notice it or they get hostile ...
4. Offering Random small quest which have small reward (usually 100-250 coins, or items depend on their profession, and might give temp boost depend on your decision), the more complex, the better the reward ... some repeatable, some only one time deal ...
(this is quite good for creating temp buff based decision)
5. NPC do and gather (create) certain thing depend on their profession ...
Ex :
- Blacksmith sometimes restock few Iron ore, Stone, Wood at certain container, again only cheap thing and few in amount
- Innkeeper might provide drink at table, few cheap one like beer or wine, or few food ...
- Farmer might stock seed or vegetable at certain place (Barrel, Cart),
- baker with flour and dough in Barrel or Flour Cart) ...
again, you can steal all of it, but if NPC notice it, they might become hostile ...
6. Make them sit and eat, or standing eat (like in ultima 7 or Skyrim)
7. Give them pop up talk message when they doing certain thing if possible ... (like MC when he is hungry / thirsty)

If you can do this, the game world might become more ... "ALIVE" ...
(I don't think this make gameplay goes broken because stealing for money, all of it is cheap thing, and considering the trouble to steal it, and only get 100-150 at most at the risk reload a lot, that's not worth at all if it for money hunt)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply