Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
resting and then getting stuck
10-26-2015, 02:18 AM
resting and then getting stuck
All, not sure if this is a bug, but every time I go to rest (either after sleeping in bed in grandpa's house or in a tent) I get teleported to a square with either hostile black spiders (instant death basically) or a non-hostile frog king. There is no way out of either of these situations. This makes the game unplayable. Any help would be appreciated.

As further clarification: The first time I rest, everything is fine. It's the second time that this happens.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: resting and then getting stuck
Clarification: the spiders aren't initially hostile. But, I'm on a square filled with the spiders without any way to get back.

No matter what I do, I end up teleporting to this square when I try to sleep/rest.

Someone out there must know what the deal with this is.

Thanks!
-Xander
10-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Hello there!

What version of Balrum are you playing?
When in the spider nightmare after attacking the spiders your character won't wake up?
When in the frog king nightmare after talking to the frog king your character wont wake up?

Thank you for your bug report!
10-29-2015, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2015 05:12 AM by xander.)
(10-27-2015 08:51 PM)Attila Wrote:  Hello there!

When in the spider nightmare after attacking the spiders your character won't wake up?
When in the frog king nightmare after talking to the frog king your character wont wake up?

I am playing the latest version 0.90_226.

Sometimes when I appear in the spider nightmare, I am unable to attack any of the spiders or talk to any of them. All of my quick slots have been disabled. I cannot get out of that.

I've only seen the frog king once so I can't comment on that anymore.

Sometimes when I appear in the spider nightmare, I am unable to attack any of the spiders or talk to any of them. All of my quick slots have been disabled. I cannot get out of that.

11-10-2015, 01:34 PM
(10-29-2015 05:12 AM)xander Wrote:  

Just to close the loop here, I'm not sure what happened differently, but I get through the dream sequences without a problem. I also think I figured out what happened with my quick slots being disabled; I accidently hit the down arrow on the quickslot bar and didn't realize what had happened.

Everything seems to be progressing fine for now.

Thanks,
Xander
11-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Hello, thank you for clarifying these problems!