Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Permadeath?
11-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Permadeath?
Hey guys. I suggest you to discuss permadeath\full drop variations. In openworld permadeath give you more chalenge and give you a lot of adrenaline (e.g. Haven and Hearth, Darkfall, UO). What do you think about that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2013, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 09:22 AM by yarnevk.)
RE: Permadeath?
(11-13-2013 05:50 AM)Hss Wrote:  Hey guys. I suggest you to discuss permadeath\full drop variations. In openworld permadeath give you more chalenge and give you a lot of adrenaline (e.g. Haven and Hearth, Darkfall, UO). What do you think about that?

A fan but not for characters with lots of backstory and investment, more of a cure for altoholics of wanting to true new things, giving the long quests a break, and killing a PC is good enough reason to do that. You really need different paths or builds to take full advantage of it.

I always like the early game building up better than end games in which you got all your weapons and forts and resources in storage. I also like the gameplay style it promotes of not looking for the quickest wiki zerg sploits through the game, like 1000 iron daggers and you can do Deadric armor in Skyrim.

Not too sure how it will work in top down isometric view though, part of the thrill is the immersion, bears sneaking up and ganking you from the back.

It does need to be optional with configuration of difficulty, as everyone tolerates pain differently. If you have a leader board it could encourage using max settings for bragging rights. Sometimes it is not so much about permadeath but using harder rules and seeing how far you can get that play session.
01-14-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: Permadeath?
I prefer no permadeath, i prefer a hard game with many hours of time playing. A progression game is better than premadeath and start other time.