Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Story Section
09-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Official Story Section
I have offered to do the lore writing for Balrum to the guys at Balcony and they agreed to receive my work I thought Id write up a few ideas and small stories here on the forum to entertain you guys here is a small prototype story I wrote in the world of Balrum. Its not canon lore yet so its not under NDA Tongue

Dawn! As the sun rises over hills it’s warmth disperses the light fog over the lake. The previous day was marked by exceptionally bad weather, impenetrable fog followed by violent storms. Near the lake where two log cabins, one doubled as a dock where a few sturdy boats where anchored. The door of the smaller house opened, and out came a grizzled fisherman with a scar on his cheek, he had a smile on his face and his pole and tackle in hand.
John: Finally good weather, the gods are playing pranks with us these days it would seam, but this day cant be worse then the previous one, or that, that nightmare I had pah!
John said hello to his neighbors, and got in his boat to go out on the lake, he did not know then, that his dream was a grim premonition of the cruel events to come, events that would scar him for life.
He was a former soldier who cowardly abandoned the kings war party before the battle against Nasrus began, he left into exile and joined up with his family when they fled the bandits in the dark forest. He tried making a living as a fisherman, but it was a hard life and he was struggling to provide for his loved ones. Today he decided to go to the southern part of the lake to try his luck, however this was a dangerous area full of crocodiles, sea snakes and other creatures he didn’t even know about. However he thought if the predators have enough to eat, surely he can find something to. He anchored his boat close to a rocky outcrop, far enough from shore and the crocodiles. His hunch proved correct and in about a hour he filled his buckets with fresh fish, he put the nicest fish in his pocket for good luck. But just as he was about to leave, foreboding clouds darkened the sky once more. BAAAAM!
A great bolt of lightning hit the rocky outcrop near his boat, and with a roar the rocks tumbled down, they pounded the water, a larger stone hit John’s boat capsizing it. He was hurled in the water, and had to swim for his life. When he broke the surface of the water, he saw that he had two choices risk drowning or make for the shore full of dangerous reptiles. He scanned the shore quickly and noticed a large stone arch close to the beach, it seamed safe enough, and started going for it. *Authors note, maybe he should have drowned *
As soon as he made it to shore, he ran to the archway as quick as he could, before he attracted attention from any dangerous animals. When he got to the archway the rain started in earnest and turned rapidly into violent storm. John got under the large stone gate but as soon as he did so, something deeply strange happened. A ripple of blue and red lights started to enclose him, the ripple became a blanket until he could see nothing but the flashes of magical energy. And then he felt a great pain in mind and body it grew until he was knocked unconscious. His mind was a blank for a time, until he saw his nightmare coming back to him, he was being dragged in chains across a stone floor by what appeared to him as dead men, he was shouted at by angry ghosts “TRAITOR, cowardly wretch. Betrayer you left us! I pray they torment you greatly, Deserter!”. And then he saw a most frightening creature appear before him, it grabbed him by the neck and whispered softly in a most terrifying voice: “ Do you fear death, then beg for your life!”. When at last he came to and opened his eyes, he was in a different place all together, It disturbed him greatly, it reminded him of his dream. He was in a cold poorly lit chamber, the walls and floors where of a grey carved stone, and above him was a other Arch Way exactly like the one he was under before. Finding the power to lift him self on his two feet, he saw that the Arch had strange carved runes etched into its surface they glowed in a purple hue. He felt a odd sensation on his leg, he reached into his pants and found the fish he had caught. It was glowing in the same purple color that was on the arch. He tock a small knife from his other pocket, and gutted the fish, in its belly he found a strange Rune stone.
John: So this is the cause of all my misfortune, this bloody stone teleported me here! Curse all the bloody mages who make these things!
After he had gathered his thoughts, he made for the only door in the room, he had only one thing on his mind to escape, hopefully alive! He opened the door and it creaked loudly, on the other side he saw a well lit corridor lined with cells, It was as he feared he was in a dungeon. He walked cautiously so as not to draw attention, the cells where full of bones and black rats chewing on them, as he approached the end of the corridor he hear a muffled shout, “We have a unwelcome guest, FIND HIM”. He ran as fast as he could, but saw at the end of the corridor two paths one might lead him to the exit or other deeper into the dungeon. He went left, and as he ran past rooms full of machines of torture,iron maidens and gibbets with corpses in them he grew even more frightened, till he finally reached a door. He opened it to find nothing but a small room ,a dead end he panicked and made a wrong choice. He looked around the room and saw a fire place two large book shelves a end table and a ornate blackened suit of armor.
John: Maybe I can at least use this armor, what ever is after me I could at least fight them in this.
As he approached the armor , it creaked, the helmet rose strangely and a ominous blue glow began emanating from the eye sockets, John Stepped back and then heard footsteps coming toward him. The Armor razed its hand and shouted “HES HERE!”. John immediately ran out of the room but hardly made a few strides to find him self surrounded by walking corpses all with a menacing glow in their eyes wielding weapon covered in blood. His heart sank as the realization came to him, he was living his nightmare, then the following second a powerful blow came over his head, the last thing he saw before going unconscious again was the same black armor standing over him.
When at last he opened his eyes, he found that his horror had been realized, everything was happening just as he had dreamt, he was shouted at by the ghosts of his former comrades. Chains of rusty iron coiled around his body while undead creatures dragged him, to what he dreaded most. Nasrus master of the living dead, destroyer of the armies of the free kingdoms of Balrum. He shouted in terible agony as the chains pulled and twisted his limbs.
John: Adacus and Eogor, where are you, PLEASE help me! The suit of armor that had knocked him down before was walking to his side and slapped him as he shouted his plea for help.
Slayer Knight: Silence fool, your old gods won't save you. Nasrus is the only god here, pray he will let you live!
As they came to a stop in a large antechamber John whimpered as the Slayer knight razed him effortlessly of the ground and presented him to his master.
Slayer Knight: My lord, here is the intruder, he is ready for your judgment!
John was in utter shock, the visage of Nasrus terrified him, but he could not look away, he wished he never got out of bed, or picked up that fish, how was he to know so much ill would befall him. Then Nasrus approached and grabbing him by the neck spoke in a soft, but bone chilling voice.
Nasrus: Do you fear death, then pray for you life. He then added a other sentence even putting into grim prospect the hopelessness of his predicament. “Little good that will do you”. Nasrus then gave a stern look to his Knight. “Did you find, the rune?”
Slayer Knight: Yes master it was in the intruders pocket, hes obviously a thief!
Nasrus tightened his grip on John’s neck and in a demanding tone asked: Where did you steal the rune from?
John trying in vain to control his fear spoke: “I I didn’t steal it, I found it in a fish.”
Nasrus expression grew even darker and more angry, he let go of John’s neck only to slam his fist into his stomach, John let out a cry of pain. “LIAR!” Nasrus spoke again, “You will tell me where you got the rune from, even If I must tear your skin right of you!”.
“Master I also found a small goldweb fish on him, these stupid vermin will eat just about anything ,maybe one of your Lieutenants drooped it in the lake. Maybe he speaks the truth .” Spoke the Slayer.
Nasrus: I do not care for his pathetic fabrications Knight, Nor did I ask for you opinion do you hear me!
Slayer Knight: Yes master, sorry Master. Shall I take the prisoner to his cell?
Nasrus was toying with the magic rune in his hand, he spoke in a more relaxed but still intimidating tone “Yes take him to the special cell, I will Question him later.
The Slayer knight carried him of and after removing the chains kicked him into a small round cell, and slammed the door shut. The knight then turned a level on the wall and a small elevator lowered John into the lower part of the cell down bellow there was no light, only darkness, he tried climbing the walls but to no avail he was trapped. He was dire straights and prayed to his gods for salvation, thou he was certain they could not hear him, he was alone, but for how long, he dreaded the moment would finally come. Nasrus would come to extract what ever truth he wished from him, and utterly destroy him for his own pleasure.

I like my weapons how I like my music, Heavy and Metal!
[Image: mordekaiser_by_davidsousa22-d39u18d_zps7b2d8fb7.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2013, 04:28 AM
RE: Official Story Section
Cool story bro Wink
09-18-2013, 11:33 PM
RE: Official Story Section
Intriguing. I'm glad that they have you aboard.