Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Introduction page
09-15-2013, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 06:29 AM by Lord Mordekaiser.)
Introduction page
I wanted to start this page to get to know some more dedicated fans of the game and gamers in general, also since I've been named as the official moderator it is my responsibility to keep the forum a warm and friendly environment for all. So this page will also serve as a relevant information and common sense reminder, However rather that posting a long text box of rules no one will read I will say only this "Have manners, be considerate and every one will respect you. Forget your manners and every one Especially me will judge you."

So I will start with my self, I am a very big fan of rpg's and I can safely say I've played almost all of them, from the gothic series, to diablo, fallout and many others. In real life I work as a marketing assistant, and in my spare time I do medieval reenactment. You may call me Mordekaiser its my favorite League of Legends hero and I emulate him a lot in most games, but my real name is Marius. I hope we can all be the best of friends on this little forum of ours Smile

I like my weapons how I like my music, Heavy and Metal!
[Image: mordekaiser_by_davidsousa22-d39u18d_zps7b2d8fb7.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: Introduction page
Jalister here. I've been into RPGs for a long, long time. I started with pen and paper Stormbringer, followed by AD&D 1st edition. My first computer RPG was Wizardy: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord on DOS. I loved that game, but it was Ultima 3 on the C64 that fully solidified my love for computer RPGs. The only thing to take my time away from RPGs the last couple of years are some open world games like Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs, and Just Cause. Which reminds, I'm off to play some Sleeping Dogs now.
09-17-2013, 03:49 AM
Lahnmir here. Have been playing RPGs since forever (that would be the early nineties to be more precise). Special love for the M&M series, Eye of the Beholder, Lands of Lore and all things SSI (especially Dark Sun, why are there not more games based on the Dark Sun universe? It makes no sense).

I have been reasonably active on the Kickstarter project but never took the time to register/post here, but that is done now. Already saw a couple of familiar names so I am very glad to be on board!.

/Cheers,
Lahnmir
09-17-2013, 04:13 AM
Welcome aboard Lahnmir, glad to have you here Smile

I like my weapons how I like my music, Heavy and Metal!
[Image: mordekaiser_by_davidsousa22-d39u18d_zps7b2d8fb7.jpg]
09-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Eye of the Beholder. I loved those games, right up there with Dungeon Master on the Amiga 500. This thread is making me nostalgic.
10-17-2013, 11:30 PM
I am a lifelong RPG fan too. Started with D&D in my youth. Played the very first adventure games as they came out on my Apple64. Discovered Kickstarter about a year ago and have backed many projects. This was one I missed though. Was in a country where I couldn't use my credit card online, so backed through PayPal a little after the campaign closed. Love the concept though and really looking forward to this one. Have quite an intense workload, so only got around to registering here now.
10-25-2013, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 04:19 AM by Mark Rushow.)
    The first RPG I played was Dragon Warrior I (Dragon Quest I)on the original NES way back in the day. The game was a total surprise I did not know my mother had ordered it for me nor had I ever even heard of it. It was great for one so young to learn to read, problem solve, follow instruction, and have patience. Plus it was awesome. Most of the great RPGs I probably have never played. We did not have a computer growing up so anything PC I didn't get to play. I'm not a huge RPG fan but every once in a while something really catches my attention like Balrum. I played WoW for a few years back int the second and third expansion days. As the game moved further and further away from adventure and exploration towards ever more PvP I lost all interest. I have no interest in convoluted stat and talent tree systems. Nor do I care for metric tons of useless loot. Both of which are strongly prevalent in most modern games. I just want to adventure, discover, get a good story, and over all play the game not spend hours pouring through inventory, menus, stats, and talent trees. I could list off a bunch of RPGs I've enjoyed but the definition is so vague; the case can me made that almost any game can be referred to as an RPG in one sense or another. I guess for me the defining function that would make a good RPG would really just come down to choice and those choices having influence on the direction of the game. If you do not have choice there isn't much of a role to play other than (non-linear) game. But I have played RPGs that are very linear in a sense like Gothica 4 so like I said it is hard to define what exactly makes an RPG. Currently I've been enjoying Dragons Dogma, but I think it is a good start to hopefully a great series it does need a lot of work especially the inventory system.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger
10-25-2013, 12:10 PM
(10-25-2013 04:06 AM)Mark Rushow Wrote:  I have no interest in convoluted stat and talent tree systems. Nor do I care for metric tons of useless loot. Both of which are strongly prevalent in most modern games. I just want to adventure, discover, get a good story, and over all play the game not spend hours pouring through inventory, menus, stats, and talent trees.

Well said. I am guilty of playing EQ2, but mostly I like leveling and developing my characters. I'm not worried about picking the perfect gear, perfect talents or perfect stats. I also like to explore that vast lands. I do have too much loot though.

What I would love to see some day is a game like EQ2 sold on a smaller scale. Buy a server license based on the number of players you would like on it. Friends just buy the client license to play the game, and they can access player run servers. Provide tools to allow GMs' to modify parts of the server. This would be perfect for me and three of my friends.

Still, nothing compares to a well made single player RPG.
03-31-2014, 01:56 AM
Hey everyone Nick here. I've been playing RPGs for about as long as I can remember, my dad got me into D&D when I was very young and it has stuck with me ever since. I tend to really like more action oriented games though I love having something a little more exploration based (which Balrum seems to be, a large part of why I backed it on Kickstarter). Overall some of my favorites have already been mentioned here, one I haven't seen is the Eschalon series, one of my favorites for the last few years.

As far as me personally I am in the Army and have loved it for the last 10+ years, half way to retirement so that is nice. I've never really been active on forums and things but I am trying to change that because it provides a sense of community that I love the idea of, but I tend to be shy. So here is to breaking out of my silent shell lol.
11-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi, I have been playing computer games since my mom bought us Zork in the 80's for our Apple IIe. Ever since I have been a fan of most games by SSI, Infocom, Black Isle, Bethesda, Obsidian, Interplay, InXile (now with WL2), GearBox, Blizzard, Valve, Basilisk, Spiderweb, New World Computing, and a lot of one off indy dev groups.

I started working as a QE in 1998 for Borderbund/Mindscape/Red Orb (which was eventually bought up by Mattel and then Ubi Soft) which lead me to a career in software. I have been invited to a few early betas here and there. I currently work as a QE Developer creating automation frameworks for SaaS software.

My husband and I play a lot of computer games as well as board/card games, so we get around.