Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
It may be time to make the registration process more complex.
08-24-2013, 11:13 AM
It may be time to make the registration process more complex.
I really don't understand why these spammers take the time to create accounts and post on forums like this. It's not like we have a ton of traffic yet, and it's not related to the contents of the site in any way.

The only thing spammers accomplish is to guarantee I will never by their product. It's not like I'm interested anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2013, 02:56 PM
RE: It may be time to make the registration process more complex.
(08-24-2013 11:13 AM)Jalister Wrote:  I really don't understand why these spammers take the time to create accounts and post on forums like this. It's not like we have a ton of traffic yet, and it's not related to the contents of the site in any way.

The only thing spammers accomplish is to guarantee I will never by their product. It's not like I'm interested anyway.

This thread is just as much spam as the spammers itself.

And I know my post is spam, but its in a spam thread. So really you cant call it spam

[Image: Tattoo_zps1a8a2084.png]
08-24-2013, 05:20 PM
(08-24-2013 02:56 PM)lmemo Wrote:  This thread is just as much spam as the spammers itself.

And I know my post is spam, but its in a spam thread. So really you cant call it spam

The subject of my post was a suggestion. I don't know if you saw the amount of spam that was here a little while ago, but it was a lot more than just one. I had considered posting it in the Ideas / Suggestions category, but this isn't game related.
08-25-2013, 04:02 PM
(08-24-2013 05:20 PM)Jalister Wrote:  
(08-24-2013 02:56 PM)lmemo Wrote:  This thread is just as much spam as the spammers itself.

The subject of my post was a suggestion. I don't know if you saw the amount of spam that was here a little while ago, but it was a lot more than just one. I had considered posting it in the Ideas / Suggestions category, but this isn't game related.

You posted it in "General" which is "Everything about Role-Playing Games"

And I saw the like 2 pages of spam... all they really need to do is assign some forum mods to clear that stuff up..

[Image: Tattoo_zps1a8a2084.png]
08-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Sigh. It's sad that we so often have to assign humans to clean up after robots. Aren't they supposed to make life easier for us? :b
08-30-2013, 09:53 AM
(08-30-2013 08:17 AM)DThrasher Wrote:  Sigh. It's sad that we so often have to assign humans to clean up after robots. Aren't they supposed to make life easier for us? :b

As much as I like technology, it just seems to make my life more complicated. I sort of miss the days of my Amiga 500 and dial up modem to connect to local BBS. No cell phones, no internet, no email.
09-03-2013, 05:01 AM
(08-30-2013 09:53 AM)Jalister Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 08:17 AM)DThrasher Wrote:  Sigh. It's sad that we so often have to assign humans to clean up after robots. Aren't they supposed to make life easier for us? :b

As much as I like technology, it just seems to make my life more complicated. I sort of miss the days of my Amiga 500 and dial up modem to connect to local BBS. No cell phones, no internet, no email.

And nobody who would harrass you by calling you, because they would get a "busy" dial tone.
09-05-2013, 01:56 AM
(09-03-2013 05:01 AM)bbr Wrote:  
(08-30-2013 09:53 AM)Jalister Wrote:  

And nobody who would harrass you by calling you, because they would get a "busy" dial tone.

I had to add *70 before the phone number to disable call waiting. I had forgotten all about that.
05-11-2016, 02:58 PM
I really don't understand why these spammers take the time to create accounts and post on forums like this. It's not like we have a ton of traffic .

Car rental manila
05-11-2016, 05:37 PM
The whole submission process is very quick, and means that your abstract is ... There may be an email delay, there may have been an error in your email address field on the ... and without your registration we will presume that you are no longer able to present. ... Q: What happens if I could not finish my full paper on time?

Bankruptcy Attorney Houston