Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bugs? / Observations
11-12-2014, 04:47 AM
Bugs? / Observations
been playing the beta for a little while now since opened to all kickstarter pledgers, thought id slap in a few observations..

Camping Skill: it doesnt increase....ever.... at all, should it have an xp/progress bar like the rest, ive been unable to advance the skill.

Crafting Weapons/Armour: doesnt seem to matter what ingredients i add while crafting i can only make pointless stuff, the rest complain about "cannot grant more of..... stats....etc" leaving the "new recepie" function pretty much unused and pointless, the normal stuff you craft is far too expensive in terms of cost considering the final product is useless vendor junk and we cant advance the skill unless we make excessive quantitys of junk, currently its tiresome grind for no gain.

Also for weapons the requirements for some of the later beginner weapons are too strict, they still have a slight stats increase over the basics yet their stat/build requirements are far too excessive and their resulting damage stats are inadequate vs anything other than simple deer/bears, anything more difficult and you feel like your throwing water baloons at them.

Mana: everything seems to devour mana far too quickly for minimal to slight effect on opponents, regen rate etc seems fine tho, i would like to use tougher spells other than fireball but its a nightmare trying to skill up to even rank2 in anything combat related.

As a quick useless example, im currently Level6, and both my Swordplay and Archery even tho used extensivly both arent even 1/3 of the way to lvl 2, resulting in not being able to use stronger equipment which i NEED and being unable to rank up for stronger spells etc (which also cost an arm and a leg).

My biggest gripe is that everything seems to cost far far too much for little or no obvious gains at present.

Paying for skill/rank ups from trainers seems a blind random choice affair, theres nothing to state what each of those skills actually changes, unlocks or does anything you'd actually want unless you quit the trainer and float over the stats/skills on your character sheet.

Your safe place: is it normal that EVERYTHING i plant gets diseased instantly every single time i plant anything, manure/water it all and they still get diseased eventually, and the cure potions ofc cost far far far too much for so few uses, but why do they get diseased so much there when you can use "grandpa's" garden patch and never have it happen even once.

btw i like the insect/bug randomly eating stuff in our backbacks, nice touch there, never seems to grow old.

Im not sure if im missing the obvious but is there a "dirt" tile available for us to use, i notice that the NPC pig pens have muddy ground to walk on but i can only give my pig pens grass. Also is there any plans to use floor tiles that are half grass, and half wood/stone, as when we build our buildings and place the floor tiles, the floor tiles under the walls always stick out of the building looking a bit strange.

Personal opinion for me is that too few Nails are made from an iron bar esp when so many get used for pretty much everything, dunno about everyone else.

Load/Save screen:, the autosave icon shows a time/date for the save if you mouse over, any chance the normal saves can show dates/times as with several saves i have zero way of knowing which is my latest/later saves, they all look the same, or have them re-order top=latest, bottom = oldest etc.

Hunger/Thirst indicator, currently i can only tell if im "full" if ive eaten too much, having a visual indicator of both could be handy. also if it doesnt do it already, could recepies have salt as a optional ingredient in anything cooked? this way unsalted could maybe provide "normal" food, but salted could give some minor additional benefit but make you more thirsty (this is where the indicators could be handy). eating too much salted stuff leading maybe to a dehydrated debuff, probably more similar things could be done with other optional herbs/spices/seasoning ingredients.

back to playing for now tho, might jot down more stuff later after ive had a bigger play, tho its getting more difficult to do anything as my weapons/spells are hugely ineffective vs the creatures im facing atm, facing 1 is hard, more than 1 is currently impossible without running away.

nm, goog game so far, looking forward to further progress.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 01:38 PM by Methanoid.)
RE: Bugs? / Observations
Opening 1 scroll to read while 1 is already open = crash
Freeze spell occasionally crashes client while casting.

Critical Crafted items dont produce their own stack instead they are added to the "normal" stack, the next "normal" item overwrites your critically crafted item(s), should we have 2 stacks, the normal stack and the critically crafted superior stats stack?
11-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi there Methanoid!

Thank you for your feedback!
Can you help us reproduce the Freeze spell crash?

Balance and a few mechanics are not even near final so you are right when you say a few things seem odd. Please keep posting your observations! Smile
11-19-2014, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 06:04 PM by Methanoid.)
ive tried reproducing the freeze spell crash, it seems utterly random, some times it works fine (thanks to this tho i mash the quicksave button OFTEN juuuust incase), other times it crashes instantly upon clicking a mob, pretty much like when everything crashes if you read a scroll and read another with the old one still open, ive still got a stack of freeze spell scrolls and sometimes they crash the game as well.

ill play more when i have some days off work but recently im not sure what happened, i was questing away, met an npc that had 2k+ of cash and did my usual dirty method to earn some quick cash which is to sell a handful of stacks of manure from the barrel from my pigs in the safe place which ive done numerous times, however the last time i did so i noticed after buying a dexterity stats increase that my cash displayed in my inventory screen didnt decrease tho i do seem to have the right amount as it wont let me buy tons and tons of stuff so seems a visual glitch only.

again not sure how this happened as its a way of earning some decent cash now and then, ive done this numerous times before, tho now i kinda have 2-3 npc's with full inventorys of mostly pig manure and its starting to look a bit weird.