Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Unbalanced mechanics
11-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Unbalanced mechanics
Is it just me or is the amount of thaler you earn pitifully small to get anything like spell, recipe or skill upgrades?

I realise that when you start out you are underpowered, but how exactly are you supposed to earn a few thousand thaler?

Sell a thousand frogs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: Unbalanced mechanics
LOL
Low Thaler also makes me not want to buy materials to waste on crafting random items/new recipes.
11-07-2014, 10:35 PM
It's not just you. I can't figure out how I could realistically level more than one or two skills, but if I don't choose skills that allow me to craft more tools, I don't think I could realistically afford to continue buying replacement axes and picks and such for more than a number of days. I've been selling all of the gems I find just to be able to afford basic supplies.
11-12-2014, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 04:09 AM by Methanoid.)
currentlyt a lot of things seem unbalanced, enemy difficulty seems exceptionally over the top even when your armoured and geared up, taking on 1 opponent seems balanced but you often meet groups and get slaughtered instantly.

also is it just me or is there far too much crowd control effects being dished out to our character, stuns, fear type effects lead to us being totally unable to react and ofc get slaughtered.

weapon progress seems hugely slow, ive been trying to level a bow and sword for ages now and the progress bar isnt even 1/2 way which is a surprise given that the weapons i posess but cant use i kinda need to be able to deal with the monsters/opponents im facing, the stuff i have access too is far too weak, you cant craft or pickup/use anything useful at all.

currently we use too much of everything to do or gain too little.

nm tho, plenty of room for change.
03-08-2016, 01:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 01:25 AM by 93runner.)
(11-12-2014 04:07 AM)Methanoid Wrote:  currentlyt a lot of things seem unbalanced, enemy difficulty seems exceptionally over the top even when your armoured and geared up, taking on 1 opponent seems balanced but you often meet groups and get slaughtered instantly.

also is it just me or is there far too much crowd control effects being dished out to our character, stuns, fear type effects lead to us being totally unable to react and ofc get slaughtered.

weapon progress seems hugely slow, ive been trying to level a bow and sword for ages now and the progress bar isnt even 1/2 way which is a surprise given that the weapons i posess but cant use i kinda need to be able to deal with the monsters/opponents im facing, the stuff i have access too is far too weak, you cant craft or pickup/use anything useful at all.

currently we use too much of everything to do or gain too little.

nm tho, plenty of room for change.

Earning money hasnt been a problem for me at least. I currently have about 7k and am at the end of the 1st Chapter. Im ready to progress to the next map area but am staying in dark wood to finish any other areas i havent explored and any other quests. I use the bow and a dagger/shield combo, pretty much sell anything i get duplicates of and any crafting items that dont supply stats i need, anything that adds wisdom or intelligence gets sold. I also sell my pigs, i only like to keep 10 of them since they eat a lot. I search just about every container i come across in dungeons and also check the mud squares for items on the open map.

As far as damage balance i have heard magic users are gimped but ive never tried using one myself. I currently have level 2 archery, 0 swordsmanship, and level 2 hunting. My biggest trouble is golems everything else is pretty easy, trolls, ghosts, bosses, larva, skeletons, spiders all no problem.

For trolls though i have to set traps in the direction the come at me so that i can get some extra damage and keep them at a distance.

For Golemns i actually save before i fight then i have to make sure i have like 10 health potions and i use a bear skin potion and a war cry scroll before making my bear attack them, once the bear is engaged i tell my bear to come back to me and the golemn chases him, this allows my to avoid the 1st rock throw that they do that has a stun effect. They are pretty nasty opponents.

*EDIT: My bad just seeing that i necroed a 2 year old past lmao, my bad.
03-08-2016, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 12:50 PM by impus0044.)
(11-07-2014 09:30 AM)Chris Chen Wrote:  Is it just me or is the amount of thaler you earn pitifully small to get anything like spell, recipe or skill upgrades?

I realise that when you start out you are underpowered, but how exactly are you supposed to earn a few thousand thaler?

Sell a thousand frogs?

Making money is not a problem in this game.
1 In beginning of the game the fastest way to raise money buy any floor from womans in willage + basket. Fill the basket at well. Open combine menu (press "O") and combine them into dought. Walk to any caldron, place dought in and place log in wood tray, wait a while. After this sell bread back. No skill requared!
2 Buy raw chiken legs and pork from Ostrik, cook it (same way), sell back.
3 Lean mining&smelting skill lev1 (or higher if u wish). Start mining rocks, smelt iron/silver ore into ingots. Sell ingots. Repair (!) broken pickaxes - this is pretty cheap. Your'll earn much more then spend.
This is not all.... find own way gatter money.

Now at lev 5 i have enoth money from selling idle trophies.

(11-07-2014 10:35 PM)akhliber Wrote:  It's not just you. I can't figure out how I could realistically level more than one or two skills, but if I don't choose skills that allow me to craft more tools, I don't think I could realistically afford to continue buying replacement axes and picks and such for more than a number of days. I've been selling all of the gems I find just to be able to afford basic supplies.

See my answer to Chris Chen.
03-09-2016, 12:36 AM
(03-08-2016 12:40 PM)impus0044 Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 09:30 AM)Chris Chen Wrote:  Is it just me or is the amount of thaler you earn pitifully small to get anything like spell, recipe or skill upgrades?

Sell a thousand frogs?

Making money is not a problem in this game.
1 In beginning of the game the fastest way to raise money buy any floor from womans in willage + basket. Fill the basket at well. Open combine menu (press "O") and combine them into dought. Walk to any caldron, place dought in and place log in wood tray, wait a while. After this sell bread back. No skill requared!
2 Buy raw chiken legs and pork from Ostrik, cook it (same way), sell back.
3 Lean mining&smelting skill lev1 (or higher if u wish). Start mining rocks, smelt iron/silver ore into ingots. Sell ingots. Repair (!) broken pickaxes - this is pretty cheap. Your'll earn much more then spend.
This is not all.... find own way gatter money.

Now at lev 5 i have enoth money from selling idle trophies.

(11-07-2014 10:35 PM)akhliber Wrote:  It's not just you. I can't figure out how I could realistically level more than one or two skills, but if I don't choose skills that allow me to craft more tools, I don't think I could realistically afford to continue buying replacement axes and picks and such for more than a number of days. I've been selling all of the gems I find just to be able to afford basic supplies.

See my answer to Chris Chen.

Thanks a lot for the advice! I just tried the pork and chicken and also the flour/water and did indeed make some money from it. However, now Osric only has a few coins left... have you found that the vendors replenish money and supplies after time passes in the game? If they do, then I'd imagine this would work well to consistently keep a decent supply of money through the whole game. I'd imagine smelting and selling bars makes a much better profit than the bread, so I'll try that next.
03-09-2016, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2016 09:24 AM by yariel.)
Yes, the vendor will replenish their stock at certain time ...

it seems in ver 1.04 the sell price get lower than before ...
also for vendor who buy weapon ...
1. Buy "strain Bow" recipe from Fox, cost 6 wood to create Bow ...
2. Cut woods like crazy at Wisp place,
3. Repair Axe (it cheaper for axe with higher duration)
4. Sell the Bow to them ... (you can even buy something at them and take the money back with selling that bow)

Note, Fox WILL NEVER REMOVE THE BOW FROM HIS STOCK IF YOU SELL TO HIM MAKING HE STUCK WITHOUT EXTRA SPACE TO SELL ITEM ...
(probably because he was originally selling the same bow)

another way is making bread and selling it to any trader which can buy it ...
Again, be careful, certain trader won't remove/reduce it IF YOU SELL TOO MUCH TO THEM, and somehow bug because they won't replenish their stock anymore ...
Oshric and Arda is one of that bugged merchant, dozens of bread stuck at their item stock and they don't renew some of their item ...
03-20-2016, 11:47 PM
What I did on the start of the game is just collect every item that I can find. Then after stacking some of the collected items, I sell them. Empty potion bottles sells a lot on this game and you can find this in Brown's house. What I did then was loot every house in the village (somehow in the NW village. When you loot their house (except for chests, they seem to not care and just continue their usual activities)). Also, collect human skulls. It sells for 51 thalers if I remember it correctly. Don't worry about the NPC's money. They replenish gold every few days. On my playthrough, Brown has 25k of Thalers.
03-21-2016, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2016 02:24 AM by yariel.)
Empty bottle is precious if you want to create Alchemy ...
Have note, even with 0 Alchemy skill, you can still create Minor Healing Potion and Minor Mana Potion ...
(because it's part of tutorial at 1st village)
I think you should hold the bottle instead ...

The most unbalance thing I see is how NPC have almost 3x of your HP ...
and they can easily defeat enemies at 1x1 ...

Already make this Thread at Idea / suggestion ...
I don't know if the developer will read this or not tough ...
http://www.balconyteam.com/forums/thread...ml#pid7514