Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Item to teletransport your character
08-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Item to teletransport your character
In some part of the game you gain some artifact or item that works in pairs, so you drop 1 in one place and the other you have it in your backpack and you can teleport from one point to the other(just like the the pyramids in divine divinity game)
This will help a lot in not losing time or walks a lot amount of space just to lets say buy some potions or get some rest.
Maybe to not make it too easy and break the game balance, you can use it 1 time per day and when you are in battle or you have enemies near you cannot use it, just some random ideas here but you get my point.

What do you think? by the way congrats on funding the game Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2013, 10:45 AM
RE: Item to teletransport your character
I like this idea, considering it looks like the game world will be quite large.
08-16-2013, 11:09 AM
(08-16-2013 10:18 AM)Gaston Wrote:  In some part of the game you gain some artifact or item that works in pairs, so you drop 1 in one place and the other you have it in your backpack and you can teleport from one point to the other(just like the the pyramids in divine divinity game)
This will help a lot in not losing time or walks a lot amount of space just to lets say buy some potions or get some rest.
Maybe to not make it too easy and break the game balance, you can use it 1 time per day and when you are in battle or you have enemies near you cannot use it, just some random ideas here but you get my point.

What do you think? by the way congrats on funding the game Smile

As long you not keep forgetting picking up the pyramid after using it like it happened to many in DD Wink
I loved the system even people have to use their brain to remember that small but important detail Smile
08-16-2013, 11:58 AM
I really liked the mark system in Ultima Online. You buy special stones, maybe you could craft them. You get to a spot you want to be able to teleport to. Then you cast 'mark' on that stone. Later, you cast 'recall' then target that stone in your backpack, which teleports you to where you marked the stone. I had a backpack full of marked stones to get to all my favorite places.
10-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Fast travel in games is such a time saver. But it really does take a lot away from the experience of feeling like you are far away and need to be mindful. Dunno, It would need to be very limited. Of course I'll use any time saver I can but save me from myself so I enjoy the game more and keep me from missing out on enjoying the the journey. Like Skyrim you can just fast travel anywhere you have previously been so of course I never go their manually. That actually ruins much of the experience. but, like Dragon's Dogma go back and forth, and back and forth through the same area over and over and over again and again and again with hardly ever any change that gets ridiculous and fast travel is very essential yet it is all quite limited.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger