Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Chromecast rebooting automatically?
12-29-2017, 07:21 PM
Why Chromecast rebooting automatically?
Hello friends....
My brother is only a gamer in my house he plays game up all night, Chromecast does an update or something and restarts every single night in the early morning. Therefore, it switches from PS4 to Chromecast and that can be bad. Is there anything I could do?

Julian Wang
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: Why Chromecast rebooting automatically?
Hey Julian
Chromecast is not updating every night.
Try each of the following before moving on to the next: Is your
  • Android device on current Minimum system requirement? Do you have the Google Home app installed that replaced the Chromecast app? Make sure you power the Chromecast device with the provided power supply into an open electrical outlet, not using a USB input on your TV or other device. Check your Android Wifi settings using this Nexus Help page. Your Android device and Chromecast device should be within ~15 feet (4 meters) of each other. Your Chromecast device should be ~15 feet (4 meters) away from your router, or less. Unplug your Router and Chromecast from electrical wall outlets for 5 minutes, and turn your Android device OFF/ON Conduct a factory data reset on your Chromecast device See original post by Google employee about other settings.

01-03-2018, 08:08 PM
RE: Why Chromecast rebooting automatically?
Hello,
Use power adaptor - not a TV or other USB power source - to keep good power supply.

If it still doesn't work well, try hard reset of chronecast. You should connect adaptor that included on chromecast box, connect to TV and wait until CC on. And if CC turned on, press the button on the CC until the yellow caution mark appear on TV - usually about 25-40secs. And, yellow mark appears, dissconnect chromecast from ADAPTOR. Wait for about 10 secs , and turn on it.

google chromecast setup | google com chromecast setup | chromecast support