Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
How do I ______? The beta guide to Balrum.
04-22-2014, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 02:51 PM by Mark Rushow.)
RE: How do I ______? The beta guide to Balrum.
Hovering your cursor over a skill on the "Player" stats window(press 'C' key for this window) will display you current experience and level for that particular skill. You must find the right trainer for a particular skill and have the required skill points and money to spend.

Hovering the cursor over learnable skills or recipes in an npc trainer's dialog box will produce a popup with additional information related to the particular skill or recipe.

Tip: Hover over many things in the game provide addition information. For me even in places I haven't thought of before like what first paragraph is referring too.

I've grown too accustomed to the way most games to this with windows in windows and not through popups that this did not occur to me until now.

You start the game at lvl 1 with 2 skill points available to spend.

I have purchased new a spell (attack rather) from 'Fred', like 'Strong Strike'.

I assume now, that all other learning of new recipes and skills works in much the same manner. I'll need to spend more time testing things out. But now that I finally understand how these things work playing the game should be a little more interesting.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2014, 03:39 AM
Wow, a lot of views on this thread! Well with this new update coming soon there should be a whole host of new questions that need answering!
11-26-2014, 06:17 AM
Quote:In regards to lockpicking:
Yes, it seems to be combination based (as in, to open chest X you must turn the lock in a certain order (R,L,L,R,L,R) to open it. I have not yet succeeded, as the last time I tried to open a chest, my woodworking teacher murdered me. I thought that was a bit of an overreaction.

ROFL. Well I don't know if they changed it or I got lucky, but I have gotten into 1 or 2 chests, and I've even done it in-front of the owners, and they didn't seem to care. I was a little surprised, I saved before I tried stealing. Old habit. No one seems to care. I broke my lockpicks though, and now I'm looking to make some more.
11-27-2014, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2014 09:08 AM by Methanoid.)
to better unpick chests etc, just press your quicksave before attempting, try your lock combination and if you succeed without using too many picks go with that, if you burn too many, just do a quick load but the combination sequence will now change.

but yeah unlocking is purely based of getting the right sequence, ie: L L L R L R L, if you get part of the sequence wrong you lose a lockpick so know where u went wrong, best to write down the good sequence as you go or jot it in notepad if u play windowmode, some chests open in 3 sequences, some take way longer, its a bit easier when you get lockpicks that can be used multiple times before breaking.
03-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Can I craft pickaxes, axes, hammers...
11-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Hello people! I'm russian;-)

How do i make pine wood???
12-01-2015, 06:48 AM
(11-29-2015 08:32 PM)NickRomo Wrote:  Hello people! I'm russian;-)

How do i make pine wood???

Pine trees are much darker and narrower than the typical tree. Look for them around Brown's house.
03-08-2016, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 01:43 AM by Lage1950.)
Hallo to everyone,

(Sorry for my not perfect/bad english,
I'm a half German & Jamaikan 22 man that live in Germany)

I played the game a lot in the last days,
but somethings are not realy clear to me.

1: The Stones from where u can get ore ect. they disappear after you mine them, but how you can make them come back or do the can be respawn? It seams to me that maibe you can craft them in the "Save zone" but then you would need the recipe, that I couldn't find yet.

2: The alchemist's need glass bottle to craft potions, how do you get/CRAFT that. Untill now I always buy or steal it ..... but thats not whery a easy way to farm glass bottle.

3: (Maibe Spoiler!!!) At the main quest in the second village, where you have to bring the guard Knight his missing ring to get in a closed place. I brought him the ring, tell him that I have it but I didn't get XP for it or give him the ring, it still in my inventory. After that he say I can pass through, but I cant go through the gate or the trees. Is that a BUG?!

4: In the sindequest about HUGO, I can't finde the place where the second entrance is to pass the the steel gates. I've surch the whole Northwest of the Map (the Map is sliced in 4 pieces).

I hope someone can help me & maibe I could answer some questions to Smile