Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
crashing and other bugs
04-01-2014, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 03:38 PM by Mark Rushow.)
crashing and other bugs
Remember when the game crashes to click the 'send debug.txt' button from the launcher main screen. Any bugs anyone finds need to be e-mailed to Balcony Team at: info@balconyteam.com or at: balcony.softworks@gmail.com. Which they prefer I do not know they just say to e-mail them with bug reports and explain how to replicate the bug if you can.

I get random crashes. I send the debug.txt when it happens.

I take random damage for no reason, not hungry, thirsty, tired, being attacked, or a negative effect. Just walking around every once in a while I'll suddenly take damage. It usually happens if I've been walking for a minute or so straight no stopping it seems.

Some times the menu screens for crafting or barter can get all out of whack. Window pains overlapping, in the wrong place, or running off screen. A simple Load will usually straighten everything back out again.

I don't ever keep experience after a fresh Load. I have never gained a level.

Only a handful of NPCs will notice theft and attack. It seems only from specific containers in their houses, and not always any container in their house.

Beer and Wine are not drinkable. In fact I can't do anything with them.

I have not been able to fill (or figure out how to fill) a bucket or a watersack. I have tried to do so from wells, buckets of water, and little puddles found around.

There are many misspellings in the dialog throughout the game.

When I first repaired some of the damaged walls to Grandpa's house I was able to walk through those repaired walls and the closed door for some time. Perhaps until a fresh game Load.

There are many objects that can be attacked, register damage, and do not get destroyed, ever. Usually this seems to be some barrels and torches placed on the ground (not player placed but developer placed).

Can not chop down fruit trees.

I was able to complete the quest to rebuild Grandpa's house with out rebuilding all of the walls.

Save files do not save game options/settings.

Saving resets the world music with a slight popping noise in my speakers.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2014, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2014 03:23 PM by Mark Rushow.)
RE: crashing and other bugs
In the 'Player' tab, hovering the cursor over the 'Visibility' meter, the popup box is bugged. It took some testing to figure out what was going on. The popup box should read something like
'Visibility
0.0000 ' (example value)
Instead of displaying the word visibilty or soemething relavant to that this title can change depending on the game state.

For example, when I acquired the thirsty debuff, the word 'Thristy' was shown in this popup, instead of the word 'Visibility' or something relevant to it.
Next, was when I acquired the 'Hungry' debuff. Now, it displayed the word 'Hungry' rather than 'Visibility'.
A new game starts this popup with the word 'Experience'.
I've also seem 'Pick Locks' displayed here.

Starting a 'New Game' from a previous session without shutting the whole program down and starting back up does not reset stats and debuffs. Say, I'm playing from a save file, then start a 'New Game' without shutting down the whole program and re-launching it. All of my skill experience and debuffs will still be there in my new game state. The debuffs may take a couple of seconds to show. If I shut down the program then relaunch it and start a 'New Game' from there, all my stats are reset like they should be. This improper unloading of a previous game state may effect other things I'm not aware of yet.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply