Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Killing/Robbing NPCs
08-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Killing/Robbing NPCs
Is this possible or will it be added? I loved this in ultima online. I would like to become a bandit in the woods robbing or killing travelers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: Killing/Robbing NPCs
(08-06-2013 10:27 AM)jaded Wrote:  Is this possible or will it be added? I loved this in ultima online. I would like to become a bandit in the woods robbing or killing travelers.

That sounds like a lucrative career but which could also be quite short. Being a bandit is in most fantasy games often not a serious issue as NPC's don't really care much for eachother, maybe just protected by a few town guards.

But when you have actually a settlement yourself and rely on others in the world for supplies, training and trading and they remember you then this can be suddenly a very big problem.

That's why I loved games which have a reputation system were the game world actually remembers your actions in the good like in the bad, allowing you to build a supportive reputation or enjoy a very lonely but adventurous brigand life.
An example for a game with a rep system is for example Divine Divinity.
09-28-2013, 04:24 AM
That is a very interesting point BearHug, I was planing to put this fact into perspective in a lot of instances with the main story of the game if you decide to play a rogue like hero but there might be ways to get around this like wearing a mask, manipulating people to forget certain things, bribe guards, and other avenues to change the way people perceive you

I like my weapons how I like my music, Heavy and Metal!
[Image: mordekaiser_by_davidsousa22-d39u18d_zps7b2d8fb7.jpg]
09-29-2013, 06:22 AM
It would be great to see a proper reputation system. I can't really think of many games that even come close. I find it so unrealistic that if I choose to slay 3 elves that are camping in the woods, in the middle of the night, with no witnesses around, somehow every elf in the game gets notified about it, and I take a faction hit with all elves.
10-25-2013, 02:25 PM
I don't bother with such activities but if others enjoy it go for it.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger
03-31-2014, 07:21 PM
I was wondering if any NPCs will ever react to things being taken from their house. I was playing the beta and I was just jacking everyone's plants and property.
I'm sure that this will get addressed eventually, because duh, but I just want to be sure that this is something reasonable to bring up.
04-03-2014, 10:53 AM
I'd also like to see NPC reactions to burning their house down. Smile