Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
AFK Grind option
07-30-2013, 12:44 AM
AFK Grind option
Hey all thanks for reading this. I have a very weird taste for games and playing style. This suggestion isn't to change the whole game. It is more-or-less a "mode" that could be enabled/disabled and completely ignored by people who don't want it. I also don't see it too hard to implement programming wise. Huh Shy

OK here is my actual idea. I love how this game is based on extraction, processing, exploration and survival. One thing that I enjoy doing way to much is grinding. Another thing I also enjoy doing is being AFK/semi-AFK. The icing on that metaphorical cake is coming back, having gained XP and resources. HOLY CRAP! I just did the dishes... and got 78 logs and 3000 XP! SWEET! It is a good feeling even if what I did only served as a modicum of progress in the actual game. It is more or less a mental judo battle I play with myself to artificially motivate. AND IT IS FUN!

Not many are in the same mindset as I. I don't even want there to be a benefit to the game for doing this. I am just seeking a game that provides this type of AFK play-ability. While giving XP, allowing to hoard, craft/extract/process/advance in level and having a cool "end reward/prize/craftable object" to look at in game for the player. I was pretty vague on specific functionality aspects. If people are actually interested I will dive deeper, just figured I would throw out a line first see what happens =)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply