Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
New Beta v0.0.86_003 released 6June14
06-16-2014, 04:40 AM
New Beta v0.0.86_003 released 6June14
So, thoughts on the many fixes to this release?
The forum is open!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 06:16 AM
RE: New Beta v0.0.86_003 released 6June14
Sad i can not play game can't buy on website
Franz from Austria
06-22-2014, 07:50 AM
My thoughts on the game.
We still need another map, larger, scalable with note adding facilities. There's so much to see and do in Balrum, I'd love to be able to add notes so that I know where everything I discovered is!
I have not found a Herbalism teacher as yet. Sad
And the Tense bow I crafted is still not usable? Or there's a bug in which it replaces my Sword, but won't go into the bow slot.
Another bug I found was Water bottles. If you have two of them, you can drink from the second, but neither bottle level will go down for the first time you use them after you refill them.
Also, I've found it very hard to earn money in the game. I'm a collector sort of player, so I try and hoard items in case they're needed for crafting or alchemy once I've bought some recipes. But without selling my loot, I can only earn money from finding frogs. Possibly change that?
07-18-2014, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 11:40 AM by Yumadome.)
I just downloaded the beta listed in the email I received on the 9th of June. I'm having a couple issues. First of all, in the 'updateinfo.txt' file, it still shows 1000Initial release.

I don't know if that means this is the current version or not. Update: I watched as that window popped up and it does show the current version.

Bigger problem:
I get the launcher to run but when I click Launch, I get a short window pop up but it only lasts about a half second and then goes away... no game.

I just updated Java but haven't rebooted yet so that might be part of it...

One more update...
I managed to pause things and I found when I tried running the start_win.bat file (in case it was just the launcher that was the problem) and I got the follow line in the window:
AL lib: (EE) DoReset: Failed to initialize audio client: 0x88890017

I don't have a clue what this means... if anything.
07-22-2015, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 12:21 AM by Grintch.)
(07-18-2014 11:20 AM)Yumadome Wrote:  I just downloaded the beta listed in the email I received on the 9th of June. I'm having a couple issues. First of all, in the 'updateinfo.txt' file, it still shows 1000Initial release.

I don't know if that means this is the current version or not. Update: I watched as that window popped up and it does show the current version.

Bigger problem:
I get the launcher to run but when I click Launch, I get a short window pop up but it only lasts about a half second and then goes away... no game.

I just updated Java but haven't rebooted yet so that might be part of it...

One more update...
I managed to pause things and I found when I tried running the start_win.bat file (in case it was just the launcher that was the problem) and I got the follow line in the window:
AL lib: (EE) DoReset: Failed to initialize audio client: 0x88890017

I don't have a clue what this means... if anything.

I am a KS backer and the game used to run fine until today. I have the exact same problem as this poster. The update tab is grayed out and clicking launch just closes the launcher without running the game. Can anyone help with info on how to download the playable version?
07-29-2015, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2015 05:45 AM by Grintch.)
It's been 6 days since my last post here. Does anyone from the game ever read these posts? I still need some info please on how to download the latest version since the old one doesn't work for me anymore.
07-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Hello there!

If you bought the game on Kickstarter you have received multiple messages regarding the password to the game files.
Here is the Kickstarter update with the download links:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bal...ts/1045741

The current version on the web-page is an old one. We are working hard at the moment on the next version of the beta. The next update will be the biggest update yet so we kindly suggest you to wait for it.

Have a great day!