Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Multiple items use
06-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Multiple items use
Hello there again.

I think items should have multiple uses.
Example:
Apples:
1- Eat it raw: gain a few whatever.
2- Turn it into a pie (with ingredients and cooking skill): gain some more whatever, sell more, but with light chance of failure when you do the cooking.
3- Sell it for average price to the average merchant ("trading" skill related, of course, almost everything should be skills related :-))
4- Then in the world, there could be that one weird old man that just LOVES apples, and that will buy them for a better price, or for some reputation, or whatever. Only one guy, if you know the "trick", you can benefit from it.

So in the end, that simple apple can be used in a very simple way (eaten), or use in other multiple ways, that would improve the benefits of it.

Again, all about world interactions, and choices.
But it does take a lot of time, I know this too well :-)

However, take these for what they are, just ideas and suggestions from ONE person in the whole world. This is not my game, it's yours, feel free to use any ideas as they please you. You won't be able to please everybody.

Take care of yourselves and families. Can't wait for the kickstarter page to show, this very probably will be my first KS involvment ever ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2013, 04:32 AM
RE: Multiple items use
Cromcrom what can I say. You are just like us. Smile
Everything that you mentioned here, is already in the game. Wink
06-26-2013, 04:40 AM
That's what I felt when I saw your trailer, EVERYTHING in it was appealing to me ^^
06-26-2013, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 05:41 AM by Obsyd.)
You have really great ideas cromcrom, it's refreshing to read your comments! Already items have multiple usages in the game. And yes, if you create something from raw materials you will be able to sell your creation for more than the cost of the materials. (don't forget to not overcook that meat!! Smile )

This would be your first kickstarter involvement?
That sounds really serious! Smile
08-03-2013, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 06:02 PM by Bearhug67.)
(06-19-2013 09:17 PM)cromcrom Wrote:  Hello there again.

I think items should have multiple uses.
Example:
Apples:
1- Eat it raw: gain a few whatever.
2- Turn it into a pie (with ingredients and cooking skill): gain some more whatever, sell more, but with light chance of failure when you do the cooking.
3- Sell it for average price to the average merchant ("trading" skill related, of course, almost everything should be skills related :-))
4- Then in the world, there could be that one weird old man that just LOVES apples, and that will buy them for a better price, or for some reputation, or whatever. Only one guy, if you know the "trick", you can benefit from it.

So in the end, that simple apple can be used in a very simple way (eaten), or use in other multiple ways, that would improve the benefits of it.

The apple pie reminds me of Arx Fatalis. Man, I was turning every friggin apple into pie and spiked it on top with wine Wink

How about:
- using the apple as bribe in a village? Maybe making a kid do a courier run for you.
- using it for animal bait or distracting a more unfriendly animal encounter like a bear?
- using it as improvised throwing weapon?
- wrapping a love note around it and send it through the window of your love? giving her a little treat at the same time? ;p
- using it for target practice to train your missile or throwing weapon skill? Just don't use a kids head as base. Wilhelm tell was just damn lucky Wink
- you should see the surprised face of the bandit which pounced you when you yell 'catch' and he catches your apple before you let your foot follow to let him forget the apple 0Smile
- Failing very badly your cooking experiment and creating some apple sauce at the ceiling of your house

Okokok, I am getting silly now Smile