Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Wound system
06-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Wound system
Will you guys add a wound system ? Something simple, with localisation, and special effects, maybe permanent impairment that only some legendary doctor/spell could remove ?

Like if I receive a very severe wound to the leg, it would reduce my speed, a wound to the head would reduce my mana or intelligence, or whatever.

Wounds could also be infected if not properly treated, and so on.

Bleeding would be nice too, with some way to stop/reduce it, through bandages or spells or whatever...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: Wound system
Thats not a bad idea at all, also would give a good reason to train at least some point in "healing" assuming there's such a skill...Though in the end, one has to be careful..."realism" can be an important part of making the player feel involved in the world. But if it goes to the point of being a chore to play then it isn't good either Tongue.
06-18-2013, 02:48 PM
You are definitely right, I assume we don't want to much realism. That's why I think realism has to feel "natural", and be as "automatic" as possible, and you should use most skills "automatically", like automatically use "herbalism" when you pick up some plant, for example, or "automatically" use surgery when you apply some bandages. All my mods had MANY skills added to them, and they worked that way, and my plyaers never complainend about to much realism. (they complained about bugs mostly, because after a while, the systems would become very complex, and I am a self taught scripter...)
06-19-2013, 06:27 AM
This post remind me a great old rpg game, the fallout 1 and fallout 2. In that game has an option to damage the enemies specific parts(heads, eyes, leg, arm ...), but to hit the part is depend on the shooting skills, so if you have much better shooting skills, and you choose to try shoot in the head you will have better chance for it.

I think some kind of aimed shoot for the archery(or any weapons) you can implement in the game.
06-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Something simple:
1- Random localisation when you are hit;
2- according to wound severity and localisation, some temporary effects (reduced speed, reduced combat effectiveness, reduced perception, whatever)
3- Bleeding for some wounds
4- Infected wounds if not properly healed (failure to use bandages)
5- For some grievous wounds, permanently reduced effects, that can be removed through the proper use of legendary skill/magic/ingredients.

All healing from bandages (easy to get/craft), coming in various quality, and surgeon skill and maybe tools too, or interacting with medics/hospitals.

This would be already quite complex.
06-20-2013, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 03:00 AM by anarchy.)
If the developers moving to make a more realictics world, i think its a good idea to think about a few for the next sentences.
We can divided the healing skills of the player into first aid and medic(or something like this). In the first aid you can stop the bleeding, but its not healing full of the character, if that damage its to big for example you get a critical and reduce your speed(or reduce anything), with the first aid you can't get back the reduced speed, because its a more serius wound than a scratch. The serious damage can be healing with a hired medic/doctor or if the player have got big medic skills (or maybe imagine with potion, herb and some sleep).
08-03-2013, 07:02 PM
If your healer trainer suggests you to stop learning healing and start learning to pray instead you know you're into trouble Smile
Who knows? If the player gets desperate enough he might even become an expert in the 'sacrifice rituals' skill. Wow...talking about a career change ;p
10-25-2013, 02:47 PM
I like a good RPG but I don't care to get bogged down in convoluted systems that take away time from actually playing the game. And that require a course on the game to understand. If I have to rely on wiki then the game is too convoluted.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger