Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the point to learn hunting?
03-22-2016, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2016 12:43 PM by impus0044.)
What is the point to learn hunting?
Whyle playing beta 0.8, i leaned the hunting skill. In this version, pet in battle was pretty helpfull, espetially advanced one. So, after starting game from begining, i'd choosed hard difficle level and leaned hunting 2 at start and i was choked. After taiming the bear, his hp was cut from 3,5k to 1,2k! Damage and skills was cut also. The bear, i have tamed, become not stronge then jack! Nevertheless have desided to walk with bear, cause as mage my character need defender-type pet. After trawell to Balrum in ch 2, i have found my pet more and more weak in battles so i desided to lean hunting 3. I did this and one more dissapointment - all 3 type of pets, available at this level, was not stronge then bear (so the Jack!) after taiming! Somebody was more armoured, somebody agile e.t.c. but generally not stronge! The most valuable wild animals skills, like mantis selth-heal, also dissappear after tamiming. In my today exploration of desert, pet (now i am with mantis) become almost useless.
Now i trying understand - what the point ever learn the hunting if advanced pets not stronge then Jack? Why after taming pet stats drops so much. Why to cut pet skills? Why so little progress in pets stats after level up - this make pet complete wuss!
I agree, tamed pet cant be as strong as wild one, because in this case player can only tame pet and then this pet win all battles almost yourself with only minium character help. This will be not good... But to degrade pet to such complete wuss (making hunting skill useless) is not good also... I think pet parametres have to calculate from parametres of original animal (same level of couse). For me, they can have at least 60%hp and 80% stats of wild one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What is the point to learn hunting? - impus0044 - 03-22-2016 12:32 PM