Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Skills, skills skills, more skills
10-25-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Skills, skills skills, more skills
I personally like the idea that you get good at what you do and weaker at what you don't (to a degree) I should never assign talent points. It should be automatic dependent upon what ever I am doing. In order to keep from maxing out everything say I use my sword a lot and sometimes my shield but neglect casting a fireball. I gain experience from using my sword to the greater degree and some from using my shield but in the case of caster fireball I begin to forget the talent regresses to a degree. This could work for all skills and attributes and or stats. If I focus on intellectual things that increases especially if it was difficult but maybe the lack of wearing heavy gear and swinging a big hammer around decreases my stamina and strength over time. In this way I do not need to choose a class I build my own dependent upon the time I have to work at something and how many things I can learn and train at once. If I notice I'm slipping in one area then I know I need to be more selective in what I choose to focus on. This way the system balances itself out.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skills, skills skills, more skills - Mark Rushow - 10-25-2013 03:02 PM