Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Introduction page
10-25-2013, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 04:19 AM by Mark Rushow.)
RE: Introduction page
    The first RPG I played was Dragon Warrior I (Dragon Quest I)on the original NES way back in the day. The game was a total surprise I did not know my mother had ordered it for me nor had I ever even heard of it. It was great for one so young to learn to read, problem solve, follow instruction, and have patience. Plus it was awesome. Most of the great RPGs I probably have never played. We did not have a computer growing up so anything PC I didn't get to play. I'm not a huge RPG fan but every once in a while something really catches my attention like Balrum. I played WoW for a few years back int the second and third expansion days. As the game moved further and further away from adventure and exploration towards ever more PvP I lost all interest. I have no interest in convoluted stat and talent tree systems. Nor do I care for metric tons of useless loot. Both of which are strongly prevalent in most modern games. I just want to adventure, discover, get a good story, and over all play the game not spend hours pouring through inventory, menus, stats, and talent trees. I could list off a bunch of RPGs I've enjoyed but the definition is so vague; the case can me made that almost any game can be referred to as an RPG in one sense or another. I guess for me the defining function that would make a good RPG would really just come down to choice and those choices having influence on the direction of the game. If you do not have choice there isn't much of a role to play other than (non-linear) game. But I have played RPGs that are very linear in a sense like Gothica 4 so like I said it is hard to define what exactly makes an RPG. Currently I've been enjoying Dragons Dogma, but I think it is a good start to hopefully a great series it does need a lot of work especially the inventory system.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Introduction page - Lord Mordekaiser - 09-15-2013, 06:25 AM
RE: Introduction page - Jalister - 09-15-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: Introduction page - Lahnmir - 09-17-2013, 03:49 AM
RE: Introduction page - Lord Mordekaiser - 09-17-2013, 04:13 AM
RE: Introduction page - Jalister - 09-18-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Introduction page - HermitFromPluto - 10-17-2013, 11:30 PM