Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
How do I ______? The beta guide to Balrum.
04-06-2014, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 05:43 PM by Mark Rushow.)
RE: How do I ______? The beta guide to Balrum.
(04-05-2014 03:55 AM)Selwyn Wrote:  In regards to the bow:
I had the bow equipped, I had the arrows equipped, and both left and right clicking on the 'Shoot' Skill resulted in the same "This spell is not yet ready" message. The first game I played through, I was able to use my bow, but this game, I am not. It must be some kind of bug.

In regards to the bee collection quest:
I was actually able to complete this no problem. Strange. Another bug, I suppose.

In regards to the pig feeding quest:
Thank you! It worked. 4 corn, stacked, into one trough, and then talking to the farmer completed the quest.

In regards to leveling:
I am currently level 1, which is up from 0, is it not? I have the memory of getting a "you have leveled: you have received one learning point" message. Since then, though, all of my experience goes whenever I quit the game. It would be interesting to edit some files in the install and see if I can affect this. One thing that I hope will be implemented is gaining experience from skill increases. It would be nice to be able to steadily level up your farming, cooking, and woodworking for a while before adventuring out into the depths of Darkwood.

In regards to lockpicking:
Yes, it seems to be combination based (as in, to open chest X you must turn the lock in a certain order (R,L,L,R,L,R) to open it. I have not yet succeeded, as the last time I tried to open a chest, my woodworking teacher murdered me. I thought that was a bit of an overreaction.

In regards to save games:
Something else that I have noticed is attempting to type a capital letter in a save name results in an 'r' being used instead for some reason. So "Savegame" would be "sravegame" No capital letters yet, I guess.

I will update my OP with all the new info. Thanks guys!

Oh, the save game 'r' thing I thought was me miss-typing all those times. lol

I am lvl 1 and did have a learning point at one time, I must have spent it one something. I haven't kept any experience since or been able to gain a lvl either. Good catch sir.

Do you know how many bees it took to complete the quest?

I only ever got the 'spell not ready message' when i ran out of arrows or mana. But if you are getting it anyway it must be a bug.

To lay traps all I do is left-click the trap from inventory (this grabs it) then I just drag it out to the game world. A 3X3 grid appears around my avatar and I can lay the trap in any adjacent open space within the grid.

I did find a treasure map that was never added to my inventory. I couldn't notice any change on my normal map.

Oh for map quick access is 'm' key.

When You toggle a spell on your magic meter will reflect the cost showing how much mana you would have left after you cast the spell one time. toggle it back off without using the spell and it displays how much mana you actually have.

"Walk into the heart of danger
Don't let the darkness enchain you
Face your Fear!" - Battle Beast: Into The Heart of Danger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I ______? The beta guide to Balrum. - Mark Rushow - 04-06-2014 05:34 PM