Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
World/Area random events
08-03-2013, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 05:36 PM by Bearhug67.)
RE: World/Area random events
What's the worst enemy attacking your farm?
I would say besides fire, undead creatures as they could spread diseases on your crops and stashes.
After being in some encounter with rotten creatures the player might want to take at least a bath before shaking hands with other people, goes hunting or returns to his farm.

I know diseases are not very popular in most games as they usually add additional trouble and realism but no benefit.
But they would fit to a game like this if not overused too much. A mean player could maybe even use such problems against other living enemies even that might backfire badly when that could spread and come back to the player on detours later over NPC's.

If I remember correctly the player character will fight alone, or at least most of the time. So any supportive skill like 'moral boosting' for others might be not needed
Most paper rpg games usually had some character attribute like bravery and/or constitution to see if the player might loose his nerves and or succumbs to his wounds.

Besides skills which focus on a certain weapon category, e.g. missile weapons. throwing weapon, slashing weapon, pole weapons, etc. to give bonuses on those there could be also skills which could effect offensive and/or defensive skills, e.g. charge, riposte, tumble, tossing dirt or even coin to distract sentient enemies just long enough to run, etc.. Animals would maybe prefer your provisions or your own 'ham' Wink
To give platers with different focus on different attributes, strength, dexterity, etc. they might prefer to learn more specific skills which fit more to the specific character. A stronger character might prefer offensive and defensive skills which fit more his brute force as a more dexterous character might prefer dodging or running.

I can't say more as I also have no clue about the basics for the fighting system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
World/Area random events - cromcrom - 06-20-2013, 04:52 AM
RE: World/Area random events - Obsyd - 06-26-2013, 04:29 AM
RE: World/Area random events - cromcrom - 06-26-2013, 04:39 AM
RE: World/Area random events - anarchy - 06-29-2013, 07:42 AM
RE: World/Area random events - Obsyd - 07-04-2013, 05:54 AM
RE: World/Area random events - anarchy - 07-04-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: World/Area random events - Bearhug67 - 08-03-2013 05:20 PM