BT Forums

Full Version: Thrown weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would love to see thrown weapons in the game. They are not seen so often in games.
Like spears, javelins, daggers, axes, stones, and so on.
strength dependant range, quite a lot of damages, good miss chancve or whatever.
Stones could be easy to come by, have low damages, but still be interesting for fighting at a range.
Well, whatever :-) And gratz for these 20% :-)
(07-25-2013 02:41 AM)cromcrom Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to see thrown weapons in the game. They are not seen so often in games.
Like spears, javelins, daggers, axes, stones, and so on.
strength dependant range, quite a lot of damages, good miss chancve or whatever.
Stones could be easy to come by, have low damages, but still be interesting for fighting at a range.
Well, whatever :-) And gratz for these 20% :-)

Usually bows or crossbows act as the convenient firearm instead of much heavier throwing weapons.
I think they should make much more damage for the heavier mass they have over arrows and bolts to make them more interesting.
Because they are heavier and bulkier people usually have just one or two at best with them and their range is much more limited.

You can now argue over the speed of ammo that arrows and bolts can be also quite deadly when they hit the vital spots.
To make throwing weapons more attractive as alternative I suggest that they might have besides their damage through weight also a chance to add a knockback and/or knockdown effect on the target.
After a hit it might be more difficult to move with a bulky spear in the body then with a smaller arrow.
Such additional effects would be nice because throwing weapons are in most RPG's handicapped vs. missile weapons because they are just reduced to the pure damage value on impact and seem to disappear into thin air after they done their damage.
Giving them a little extra trouble for the target would give them a chance to get more popular.
Reference URL's